Ducks shivering in pond?

Jun 13, 2022
Hello! Has anyone experienced their ducks sitting in their pond for so long that they all start shivering?? I live in the UK and the wether is starting to drop but still around 15 degrees Celsius. Their pond is quite cold but they sit in it for so long, ive had to pull them out before because they are shivering so much. Once out of the water and dried, they are absolutely fine. They are all fit and well and no sign of illness, they just dont know when to get out of the pond. Is this normal behaviour??

I've never known this to happen. To me it is not normal. Are they adequately feathered that they are not getting water logged?
Hello, they are 18 weeks old and they all lost their baby feathers at about week 15 and they have a very good coat of thick feathers on them now.

How old are they? Are they molting? What do their feathers look like? What protein % is their feed?
Hello, they are just over 18 weeks now and they finished their moult at about 15 weeks and now have a lovely coat of feathers. Their feathers all look good, nice glossy coat with no patches or anything, I cant see any problem with their coat. They have recently changed to layers pellets about a week ago which I just checked and it has 16% protein in their feed.

Back
Top Bottom