Ducks with water

Definitely three drakes and a female. Three have tail curls and the khaki Campbell would have had a green head and she doesn't, nor a tail curl. Pekin drakes are a lot larger than other breeds and more likely to drown a female than other drakes.
so the one that is being drowned is a female? why do they only get on top of her when there in water?

Definitely three drakes and a female. Three have tail curls and the khaki Campbell would have had a green head and she doesn't, nor a tail curl. Pekin drakes are a lot larger than other breeds and more likely to drown a female than other drakes.
and the question is should i be worried about them drowning each other? or is it normal for them?

how in the world can you tell!! this whole time ive been thinking ive had 3 females and one male, ill show you a better picture of them! and i always assume the brown duck was a male because he has a really deep quack and the other areant as deep but that it all 4 of them together!
Because it has what is called drake feathers. They are the feathers that you see curled up on his tail. All Mallard descendant male ducks have them.

Pekins
Screenshot_20220704-215319_Chrome.jpg

Indian Runners
Screenshot_20220704-215509_Chrome.jpg

Khaki Campbells (note also the color of the head of the male on right vs female on left)
Screenshot_20220704-215054_Chrome.jpg

Here's the pictures of yours for comparison
Screenshot_20220704-220140_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220704-220524_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220704-220535_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
yep 3 drakes and 1 hen. unfortunately you will need to separate 24/7 if you want to keep them all, since 3 drakes will kill just 1 hen. my 2 pekin drakes have their own pen away from my rouen girl and khaki drake.
uh thats not good to hear, does this mean i could probably take the water out of the cage and they should only be allowed in when im around so i can watch them?

Because it has what is called drake feathers. They are the feathers that you see curled up on his tail. All Mallard descendant male ducks have them.

Pekins
View attachment 3174588
Indian Runners
View attachment 3174589

Khaki Campbells (note also the color of the head of the male on right vs female on left)
View attachment 3174590

Here's the pictures of yours for comparison
View attachment 3174607
View attachment 3174608
View attachment 3174609
oh okay! thats so cool! thank you! so what is you best judgement with the water tub should i take it out that way i can keep them off her when im around. do you think they only try to breed in the water? at first i was like oh there just playing and then they all chip in an i get concerned

Back
Top Bottom