Ducks Won't Go In Tonight? AGAIN!!!!

mrbstephens

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Long Island, New York
I went out to lock up the ducks for the night. It's pitch black and has been for almost two hours. Noticed their door had blown shut and the ducks were still out. I opened the door for them, but one hour later and they still haven't gone in. What should I do???

Do you normally herd them in? You can try that. I just get behind mine, open my arms out to the sides to make me look bigger and walk the direction I want them to go. It took about 3 days in a row of doing that before they started heading that way automatically when I walked behind them and put my arms out. Every now and then they try to head in a different direction, but I head them off. Good luck

Oh no! They're doing it again! Oh man, I really don't want to have to do this again tonight!
barnie.gif

They probably remember the door problem.

You may need to nab them again tonight. Tomorrow give them treats inside the shelter a few times before the end of the day. They need to know it is a good happy place again.

Oh no! They're doing it again! Oh man, I really don't want to have to do this again tonight!
barnie.gif
I know its a pain but they need to be locked up, now tomorrow start earlier and try giving some kind of treat once you get them inside even coax them to go in with a little bread, your training them to go in on their own so it will take some patience on your part.

Get yourself out there early enough to do it,or get a head lantern so you can light your path. Like feeding and watering, it is a chore that needs to be done. Put your arms out wide and go slowly. Our ducks now go in the house as soon as they see us come outside in the evening. But it took a little training.

Back
Top Bottom