Just Hatch duck

Chirping
Jan 31, 2017
hello,
I have two ducks which are Pekin and khaki campbell and i also have one drake and he's a khaki campbell as well, they're all around 10 months or older now but they haven't mated yet and I've really been wondering why, I've typed it up and everything but couldn't find anything out.
cheers

Last edited:
I really want your kind of problem! You see, in my experience, the drakes were the horniest creatures on Earth, and a constant source of commotion. I realize that in nature, everything is done for a good reason, but I still have a bit of trouble accepting the forceful rape of my hens by overzealous drakes! If that language sounds too strong, believe me, it isn't even the beginning of what actually happens. So if the drakes would just ease up a bit, I would love it!

458487.jpg.png

Im almost certain he's a male, he has the curls at the end of his tail, and the others are 100 percent females, since they both laid eggs before i got the male, and they all get along fine the male actually follows them around and is sort of the boss, and i don't know if this matters but the 2 females grew up together with 6 silkie chooks and then i got a 3 month old male and have had him for six months but still no ducklings. Is it not breeding season?

Also the white duck is the pekin and the brown smaller duck is the khaki campbell, they were both hand raised including the drake

i have a kiddie pool outside of their cage for them to use whenever they like but it still isn't working... I heard that maybe because its not breeding season yet or something

Back
Top Bottom