Ducks

Dspence

Hatching
Jun 25, 2022
My grand kids gifted me 3 runner ducks for my birthday. (2-khaki and one blue)
Now that they are 6 months old I am trying to figure out how to make a DIY solar duck pool with a filtration system. I have done so much reading. I do not have power at this location. I am having to bale/dump the water out and clean the kiddie pool every week. I know they have to have water to clean their face. The kiddie pool holds about 50 gallons of water. Can someone give me a suggestion. I just want my 3 girls happy and healthy. They live their pool! I also raised them with 7 chickens. They all get along great however sometimes I think my chickens they are ducks!!🤪 My blue runner duck seems to be in charge. Rather funny and fun at the same time watching them.

Please please advise!!!!!

I dump, rinse and refill 3 kiddie pools every day. I think a week is too long to leave it because poop and bacteria etc.
once a week I scrub them out with vinegar and a scrub brush.
my son wants me to have a filtration system but he lives halfway across the country so he cant do it for me.
What I found is its easier to dump the pools if they are smaller pools. thats why I have 3 small pools instead of one big one.

I dump, rinse and refill 3 kiddie pools every day. I think a week is too long to leave it because poop and bacteria etc.
once a week I scrub them out with vinegar and a scrub brush.
my son wants me to have a filtration system but he lives halfway across the country so he cant do it for me.
What I found is its easier to dump the pools if they are smaller pools. thats why I have 3 small pools instead of one big one.
I have 3 that I try to keep clean and full. I am expecting an award from the water company for customer of the year. We're not going to talk about the pond we have. I have absolutely no doubt that my ducks have an intuition and they know when there is something in there that shouldn't be. I have seen an otter swimming in it and we have been able to get about 5 snapper turtles and caught 2 heading towards it but got them before they get in the pond. One day in the fall the ducks just suddenly went in. They stayed in for a couple of months and then they won't go in again. In the summer they just stand and watch it. I know that they know there's something bad in there. I know there's something bad in there but I can't find it so I have to just trust my duck's intuition.

Back
Top Bottom