Ducktopia Filter System!

Quote:
There is in my area to. starting at $20 all the way up to $150. I will go with the $20 one lol.

It better be dipped in gold for $150!

Those are the fancy one's with like the metal cage around them to protect them and stack them. They also have the filter in them alreay and a spout. I just found one for around $400. Now that one should be in gold!
lol.png

I go to bed sore most nights - in part - from dumping kiddie pools! *(#^&$% messy ducks! I think a working filtration system is worth a small fortune... in pain.
old.gif

Gotta finish the duckhouse so I can start the pond... and the new chicken coop... and........

that looks like a nice compact system and the water looks good! can you make us a little drawing of how the plumbing is hooked up? I think I need one for my duck lounge...

I have had a lot of interest in this system so what I will do is draw up how its put together and post the pic up for you all. I spend weeks making it, but as said before, I have to switch it on when I need it work, instead of climbing in a getting all the water out, then filling it all again.
lol.png

FILTER.jpg

Ok, here is a simple explaination to help the diagram. The water is pumped out of the pond into the water butt at the bottom. As the water fills up the water butt it filters through eco balls (in which bacteria live to eat all the bad things coming out of the water) and the filter sponge which just gets rid of all the bits that make it through the eco ball. The water then filters back out into the pond. There is an overflow pipe at the top which also goes back to pond should the rain fill up the water butt. If you need any more info or have any more questions feel free to ask!
big_smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif
brilliant! Its a funny story with the gravel. What I ordered was something completely different but they delivered something else, which was much much better! Lucky me!

Thanks for the all the great complements! I will update you all again tomorrow with further progress, and as a little tease, the duckies are in there now LOVING IT! I nearly cried when they got in at first, you could see in there little beautiful faces how happy they were. Rocket just runs round and round the edge of the pond trying to fly but she just cant, its so funny to watch and adorable! All the hard work and money is more than worth it when I saw how happy they were. MORE PICS TO COME!

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom