Dumb marketing of eggs at grocery store

Quote:
I LOVE those!!! They either have the caramel filling, or the white creamy one with the bright yellow food coloring yolk, wrapped in a wonderful melt in the mouth chocolate shell! It's true that the color is only on the outer edges of the shell and you have to remember to peel them... else, if you bit down and have metallic fillings, it stings!

POsted one here not to long a Sister called the animal cops on her own sister for eating the mean roosters in her yard! The said she wanted her chicken bought from the store! Momma wants to process some of ours soon but I can't help her much cause I shattered my ankle on the 11-15 and can't get out there to help though I want to!! I would have never guessed the world we live in would be so .....ummmmm......can I say it? Blonde ...or dumb to the world around us that we can not enjoy the fine food God provided to us many years ago!

big_smile.png
wee.gif
D.gif

Quote:
I'm interested. What did the "animal cops" do? I'm sure that however she killed her rooster was more "humane" than the commercial producers.

Quote:
I'm interested. What did the "animal cops" do? I'm sure that however she killed her rooster was more "humane" than the commercial producers.

Tried to find that Post last night cause I wanted to see updates on it but could not find her, she was from alabama but unsure of where, They came out if I remember right and told it was unusal and uncommon to kill roosters to eat chickens but that was about it i think. CAN A MOD help with this post i was talking about ! PLEASE! Thank YOU!

Don't knock artificial eggs until you have tried them
wink.png

gdcom_2033_1049497333

Milka exports this (purple egg carton and all) to Canada. Mmm mm. Delicious!

In my pre-chicken life, I bought eggs labeled 4 Grain. They're one of the more expensive brands. Apparently, they don't put enough of that money into feed, because the poor biddies are eating nothing but 4 way scratch. I'm particularly amused by the recent Perdue ads wherein the hens email Mr. Perdue asking for hot dogs. Of course, given his high and mighty ethical stature, Mr. Perdue won't hear of it. It's all corn for you girls. I laughed about that commercial the other day as I tossed leftover buffalo dogs to my ladies.

Oh but the chickens
love.gif
their bugs. They are omnivorous creatures by nature, I have a bit of an moral issue with enforcing a particularly limited 'diet' on animals that is outside their norm...but I guess to each their own as long as they are getting proper nutrition.
What I notice when I walk by the egg display at the grocer is the uniform size and color of the eggs....how boring! No one would ever want to display those eggs in their home like they do eggs from our chickens (or any other BYC chickens for that matter)
D.gif

I saw a BILLBOARD the other day for all double yolk eggs. Some brand is now marketing double yolkers for the consumer... their slogan was something like... double the protein in every egg
smile.png

http://www.vandebunteeggs.com/wonderhen/

Happy chickens my
tongue.png
..... they don't show any photos of real chickens

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom