Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I think they should have called you in for that podcast. They said nothing of the sort other than when talking about humans - women can hold sperm in a sugar room for up to a week before it dies. Chickens must have super sperm!

So nobody has heard somebody say something dumb about chickens lately?? everyone too cooped up lately??
Not really a story, but some general myths that virtually everyone believes.
1) Chickens are stupid
2) Chickens can't fly (except for a few select breeds obviously)
3) Vegetarian-Fed is better
4) They don't have personalities
I'm going back through this thread and laughing my head off. Before I started my chickening I thought the only egg colors were white and brown! I know so much about chickens now and sometimes people give me weird looks when I talk about my girls' individual quirks and personalities. Sometimes even in a rude way. I just don't get why "chickens" are synonymous with "dumb" and by associating with them connects me to that as well. :confused::idunno

It goes for turkeys as well. Poults don't drown in the rain looking up at the sky, they are just super sensitive to drafts and moisture and are very fragile, moreso than chicks in some ways. They do need more guidance than chicks, however, and do way better under a broody or with "guide chicks" to keep them from starving or dying of dehydration.

Back
Top Bottom