Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
A 61 year old woman with masters degree ask me how many eggs does a my hen lay a day. I said 1 a day, she scowl and said just one a day? I fired back how many eggs do you produce a month?
1f605.png

At 61y.o. I'd be amazed if she produced ANY. So, your chickens have her beat in the best of scenarios.

I pretty much do the same. I find no sense in giving all those gorgeous, fresh eggs to people who don't value them.

Considering what these eggs actually cost after adding up the cost of the coop, equipment, organic feed, grit, oyster shell, etc., if they think of them just as "free eggs", they don't get them. I brought some to my dermatologist who just marveled at the idea of them b/c he'd never had anything except grocery store eggs in his entire life. He then sent me a hand written thank you note. He'll be getting more in the future.

My 15 year old nephew came to visit and asked how many eggs my chickens lay a day. I told him only one was laying and she only lays one egg every other day. He told me his friend has chickens and they each lay 3 eggs per day. I just said, "I don't think so."

Considering what these eggs actually cost after adding up the cost of the coop, equipment, organic feed, grit, oyster shell, etc., if they think of them just as "free eggs", they don't get them. I brought some to my dermatologist who just marveled at the idea of them b/c he'd never had anything except grocery store eggs in his entire life. He then sent me a hand written thank you note. He'll be getting more in the future.
Funny thing, 7 Biddies...like you, we give eggs to our family doc, and he and his family just LOVE them. We also use organic feed, which certainly DOES increase the price of those "free eggs."
wink.png

Last edited:
This is like me. I have no problem sharing my eggs with people who are grateful and love them. My husband had given a dozen to our neighbors once. They looked horrified and disgusted...Needless to say we did not offer them anymore

Back
Top Bottom