Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I got a PETA calendar from my mother (Everyone knows I love my animals) and there was a rescue animal on each page. Some were cats/dogs and a few were other animals like rabbits and turkeys. One was a RIR hen (Pip, apparently) with a little text box describing the hen's story. Then there was a blurb that said "You can help save helpless creatures like "Pip" by rescuing them and not exploiting them by stealing their offspring and eating eggs."
So if PETA doesn't want us to eat chicken eggs, even infertile ones, do we throw them out? Or is that more unethical? Does anyone know? Lol.

gig.gif

Yeah, I got one of those PETA calendars too. You sign one petition, and you have free calendars and return address labels for life, he he.
But I don't see what's the harm in taking unfertilized eggs. I once had an argument with a vegan online who said that "The hens need to EAT the unfertilized eggs to regain the nutrients they lose! They'll get unhealthy if you take them! And it also stresses them, they think their babies are disappearing!"
I responded that an egg eater doesn't know the difference between unfertilized or fertilized, thereby meaning she's a genetic dead end because she'll eat all her own eggs. As for being stressed, most hens don't feel the need to be mothers 'all' the time. Besides, the whole point of supplementing their 'natural' diet is to replace the nutrients they lose to eggs.
Stupid vegan demanded 'pier reviewed studies' for my claims. I cited personal experience. Not good enough for her.

Yeah, I got one of those PETA calendars too. You sign one petition, and you have free calendars and return address labels for life, he he.
But I don't see what's the harm in taking unfertilized eggs. I once had an argument with a vegan online who said that "The hens need to EAT the unfertilized eggs to regain the nutrients they lose! They'll get unhealthy if you take them! And it also stresses them, they think their babies are disappearing!"
I responded that an egg eater doesn't know the difference between unfertilized or fertilized, thereby meaning she's a genetic dead end because she'll eat all her own eggs. As for being stressed, most hens don't feel the need to be mothers 'all' the time. Besides, the whole point of supplementing their 'natural' diet is to replace the nutrients they lose to eggs.
Stupid vegan demanded 'pier reviewed studies' for my claims. I cited personal experience. Not good enough for her.

LOL!

So, umm... taking the eggs makes them "think their babies are disappearing", but eating said babies is somehow acceptable to mother hen. (Here's your sign)... vegans...

I think they would just rather the chickens not be kept captive at all lol

Although tbh I think they're probably trying to protect against the factory farmed chickens and yes, that is cruel, i agree, and in that case they are somewhat exploited for their eggs and kept in tiny little cages less than a piece of paper with other birds, etc. Etc., you guys know all this already.

But the problem, with chickens and the other animals they try to "protect", is that they do not make the distinction between factory farmed/exploited animals and well cared for, loved animals owned by small farmers or backyard keepers, and they do not research, or maybe just don't care about, the FACTS and SCIENCE.

For instance, chickens lay without a rooster and they also lay whether we take the eggs or not. I think they are born with all the eggs they are going to lay in their life?? We all know this. PETA does not or just does not care. If we didn't take the eggs they would just rot or something. And most breeds are so far removed from their ancestors they'd never survive in the wild.

And like was said, most hens don't go broody all the time, some breeds not at all. Some breeds it's been bred out.

It's not like a cow or horse or something that yes, might miss their baby. Chickens don't care and they don't view the eggs as "babies" until they hatch. My chickens lay then go back to doing their chicken thing. Even if I leave the eggs in there when I forget. They couldn't care less lol so there goes the they are stressed argument. Sometimes they get curious and come watch when I take "their" eggs but they really don't care.

Heck, a chicken will literally sit and go broody on a golf ball or wooden egg LOL they don't know the egg is a baby nor do they really care.

Some hens are even terrible mothers or don't want to be one and will chase the babies off.

So they really do not care.

And neither does PETA

Nothing is based on science and facts and that's my problem.

I see PETA 2 (Same group?) at shows a lot and I always want to say something but it's just kids that don't know better and really do care about the animals so I won't be mean. And I usually do send the text or follow they ask for and get the free stuff lol i throw it out later usually or forget about it but i can never say no lol plus sometimes you get cool stuff from the bands with all the PETA crap :p

I especially hate how they're on Warped Tour every year though cause that's a lot of young teens that don't know any better and it's manipulating all of them. :( and they could ACTUALLY help animals in other ways :(

Lol right!?
I'll eat my chicken I butchered and my beef someone else did I'll break my eggs eat my bread and cakes made from eggs from my chickens and my plate always has something dead
1f480.png
on it I'm not a herbivore I'm an omnivore I eat meat and veggies I love deer meat and I'll eat any animal that don't eat me first! My steaks a littl raw where they cry out when I bite down, my sausage and bacon and EGGS fertile or not! And I'll be the first to look at an animal and wonder how would be the best way to cook it. And I'll shoot a squirrel and there I've had my veggies second hand then!

I'll eat my chicken I butchered and my beef someone else did I'll break my eggs eat my bread and cakes made from eggs from my chickens and my plate always has something dead
1f480.png
on it I'm not a herbivore I'm an omnivore I eat meat and veggies I love deer meat and I'll eat any animal that don't eat me first! My steaks a littl raw where they cry out when I bite down, my sausage and bacon and EGGS fertile or not! And I'll be the first to look at an animal and wonder how would be the best way to cook it. And I'll shoot a squirrel and there I've had my veggies second hand then!
Amen to that!

Back
Top Bottom