Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Quote:
I don't think she meant it in the way you interpreted it... There was no rude or mean intent it wasn't meant as an insult. Of course that's how I interpreted it but I think that's the way it was intended.
Well it is definitely hard to tell on the internet and it sounded serious but rereading it it might have been a joke. I don't know. If it was serious, well, yeah, it was kinda mean If not, then sorry for overreacting hah

Quote:
Yeah it's hard to tell on the internet. Not Sarcasm or a joke just not intended to be taken negatively. Simply an acknowledgement of differences and how you seem "soft-hearted." Not a bad thing, just a different thing. Additionally, I don't think critical thinking can be taught-that's the problem. You can teach a person to look for certain things, but that doesn't mean they'll understand or do it.

Last edited:
I don't think she meant it in the way you interpreted it... There was no rude or mean intent it wasn't meant as an insult. Of course that's how I interpreted it but I think that's the way it was intended.

You might be right. To me it came across as very condescending, but whatever. Doesn't really matter anymore, and we're getting off topic.
smile.png

That is very mean and rude. Also, it has nothing to so with the thread topic, so why don't you keep it to yourself? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but really...

First of all, "mean and rude" is just your personal opinion and not fact based. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Secondly, telling someone they're a "big softie" isn't an insult in most circles, but since you took it as one, I must've hit a personal nerve. Third, she is a softie. Poor kid is always taking up for the bad guy in her posts - but, at least she stood up to defend herself to me. Good girl! Unfortunately, there are way too many people out there who will want to take advantage of her for it, so warning her to be cautious is a kindness. Finally, your sweet comments to me were far meaner and ruder than anything I said but, then, I never pretended to be anything I'm not.

Last edited:
First of all, "mean and rude" is just your personal opinion and not fact based. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Secondly, telling someone they're a "big softie" isn't an insult in most circles, but since you took it as one, you I must've hit a personal nerve. Third, she is a softie. Poor kid is always taking up for the bad guy in her post - but, at least she stood up to defend herself to me. Good girl! Unfortunately, there are way too many people out there who will want to take advantage of her for it, so warning her to be cautious is a kindness. Finally, your sweet comments to me were far meaner and ruder than anything I said but, then, I never pretended to be anything I'm not.

No, I didn't think it was like that at all. It's hard to interpret things online though, so I suppose that contributes. I'm sorry you took it wrong. It just seemed very unnecessary to say that especially since you didn't understand what she said, and it's yet another way to get off topic. Now let's get back on topic?
smile.png

We millennials are taught from a young age to always 'be nice'. We must be soft and caring always, and bully is a bad word.

"Be nice - soft and caring always" ? I don't think all of the millennials got that message. And, how about calling people "mean and rude" ? Are those a bad words like "bully" or is it ok when it's used by the "tender hearted" ones because everyone knows they're soft and nice? Besides, who mentioned the word bully before you did?

Seems to me the meaning of the term "big softie" has been changed along the way somewhere and a lot of us "senior citizens" didn't get the memo. That's not playing nice when you don't disclose all the rules. Or, were you millennials taught you could change the rules whenever you felt like it without putting folks on notice? Maybe by the same people who didn't learn to jump to conclusions without evidence of their claims, and run off at the mouth with their accusations. Since emotions are highly personal and specific to each individual, maybe people would be well advised to use logic instead, that can be backed up by reason instead of feelings. Time was when wearing your heart on your sleeve wasn't thought of as a positive character trait. Ahhhh .... I miss the old days.

And, once again you assumed in error when you said I didn't understand what she said. I understood perfectly. And, just to clear up any confusion, I also understood what you said perfectly.

As for getting back on topic, after you.

1f621.png
1f621.png
that makes me mad. Her phone would "accidentally" be found in the toilet if it was me. And that's since no birds were injured or killed. My younger brother has the same view as your sister. But he knows the consequences if anything were to happen to any of my animals on his account.
For me it was backwards. When I was younger my grandparents always had salads, fresh fruit and veggies available. At home with my parents the only veggies were green beans, peas, and corn. No fruit. Lots of take out.
Sound to me that her "experience" hasn't really taught her anything.

Amen, sistah, although I could only get one of your quotes to come up. Love your idea of giving her phone a swirly. That should make a statement she won't soon forget. :p

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom