Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is good insight!!! now i will be on the look out for crows if they are mean to my Chicks!!! But the crows definatly took care of the hawk problem yesterday :highfive:

I would love  to know how to get rid of my hawk problem.  I have 2 red tailed hawks that now know my chickens live here and circle my property looking for an easy meal.  I now only let them out when I'm with them.  It's frustrating since I don't like to stand out in the cold for very long.

I have the same problem. Best defense if you have $20,000 and a good lawyer is a gun. Otherwise screaming and angrily shaking your fists at it works........ You could use a Super Soaker, but again, that's illegal. But I don't think anyone would notice either..... (Note: I'm definitely not endorsing shooting a hawk with a Super Soaker, just saying.) I set up a bunch of plastic crows right in view of the hawk's nest and they moved out, but they just come back anyways.......Hawks are the worst.

People are weird.
hmm.png
like really what do people have aganist the world any way

I have had people say:

Aren't you afraid you'll get e. coli and salmonella poisoning? Answer: No, I would be afraid of the ones you bought from the store though.

I get the brown eggs from the store, that means they are free range. Um brown eggs are determined by the bread of chicken, not by what they eat.

How do you keep them from flying away? Answer: They really can't fly, and they don't go far from their coop.

Chickens are loud, don't your neighbors get mad? Answer: Chickens aren't that loud, roosters are loud, plus, my neighbors dog makes more noise than my chickens. Well, don't you need a rooster to get eggs. Answer: Does any female need a man to produce and egg, nope, just to fertilize it.

I forgot one, someone once asked me: That egg has spots on it, is that dried blood?

I forgot one, someone once asked me:  That egg has spots on it, is that dried blood?

Actually sometimes I get ones with blood on them, especially from pullets that are just starting out....but I wash those off.

Off topic but I got a really pretty blue egg with brown specks. My mom kept trying to wash it because she thought it was dirty. :rolleyes:

I have the same problem. Best defense if you have $20,000 and a good lawyer is a gun. Otherwise screaming and angrily shaking your fists at it works........ You could use a Super Soaker, but again, that's illegal. But I don't think anyone would notice either..... (Note: I'm definitely not endorsing shooting a hawk with a Super Soaker, just saying.) I set up a bunch of plastic crows right in view of the hawk's nest and they moved out, but they just come back anyways.......Hawks are the worst.

i like the comment "But i dont think anyone would notice either"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom