Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to make him a tongue sandwich, it should be the best food available since it came from a mouth correct? at least using his logic...
Will she use Brown sugar, or dark corn syrup? wouldn't those be dirty too???? Only club soda and tonic water if it's not regular water to drink, sodas are contaminated hence their colors. milk is taken from the under side of goats and cows, too close to the filthy ground. No I will not serve her veggies, they come out of the dirty ground along with some fruits, like rhubarb and strawberries.

Fear not, nature will take care of people like this. It's called Natural Selection.

I don't think it's pranks, as much as assumptions. Some people just don't even think about it, they just have an opinion and it never dawns on them it's wrong.

I see no harmful psychological ramifications here!! All I see is a wonderful sense of humor!
ya.gif
Good one!
Aww, thank you! After raising a daughter with Borderline Personality Disorder to adulthood (she's now 44), I just assume that most everything I say is going to have psychological ramifications, sometime, somewhere along the line!
idunno.gif
wink.png

since I have no wife or current girl friend will I turn into a woman then? or the girl chickens coming from hens and boy chickens roosters, where did I come from then, those questions I will like to ask them.....

And, I with no man around, not even a rooster, will become a guy. I know. Let's get together ... you be the girl and I'll be the boy.
big_smile.png

Aww, thank you! After raising a daughter with Borderline Personality Disorder to adulthood (she's now 44), I just assume that most everything I say is going to have psychological ramifications, sometime, somewhere along the line!
idunno.gif
wink.png

Nah. Just those who would exploit their own children for a good laugh. Now, stop beating up on yourself. Your daughter's difficulty is NOT your fault ... I don't care what Freud said: he was a *nut*.

Last edited:
A woman my husband works with recently said, "I like the hens eggs just fine, I've never tried a rooster egg though."
Turns out, she thought girl chickens came from hen eggs and boy chickens came from rooster eggs.
Then just this week someone asked, "Don't female chickens turn to male if there aren't any around?"
These are fairly smart people, with important jobs...this worries me.

I remembered having read this in a book somewhere so I looked it up. I copied and pasted it from the Live Science Website, but I know I saw it somewhere else as well. I'll have to find that other reference. It was in a book about raising chickens.

""Sex reversals do, in fact, occur—although not very frequently," states a 2000 report published by the University of Florida's Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences. "To date, however, spontaneous sex reversal from male to female has not been reported."
That's because the mechanics of this biological phenomenon seem to work in only one direction. Normally, female chickens have just one functional ovary, on their left side. Although two sex organs are present during the embryonic stages of all birds, once a chicken's female genes kick in, it typically develops only the left ovary. The right gonad, which has yet to be defined as an ovary, testes, or both (called an ovotestis), typically remains dormant.
Certain medical conditions—such as an ovarian cyst, tumor or diseased adrenal gland—can cause a chicken's left ovary to regress. In the absence of a functional left ovary, the dormant right sex organ may begin to grow, according to Mike Hulet, an associate professor at Penn State University's department of poultry science.
"If the activated right gonad is an ovotestis or testes, it will begin secreting androgens," Hulet told Life's Little Mysteries. Androgens are the class of hormones that are largely responsible for male characteristics and are normally secreted by the testes. "The production of androgen would cause the hen to undergo behavioral changes and make it act more like a rooster."
The hen does not completely change into a rooster, however. This transition is limited to making the bird phenotypically male, meaning that although the hen will develop physical characteristics that will make her look male, she will remain genetically female. So while the hen will no longer lay eggs, she won't be fathering any offspring, either."

Just goes to show ya that a little knowledge can be way more dangerous than no knowledge! LOL My dad used to tell us, "Be smart enough to know how smart you aren't - then you are on your way to an education."

While I wasn't aware of it being possible in birds, there are a number of animals that change genders, for various reasons.

Nah. Just those who would exploit their own children for a good laugh. Now, stop beating up on yourself. Your daughter's difficulty is NOT your fault ... I don't care what Freud said: he was a *nut*.
Oh, I leaned that long ago. I learned a couple of other things too - sometimes you have to love them enough to let them hate you for a little while, and the times you love them the least alway seems to be the times they need you the most. I just had to remember that it was harder on her than it was on us. That got easier after we finally found a doctor who said to us on one visit, "She doesn't want to be like this - she wants nothing more than to be normal, but her normal will always be different. Now put away that whip you've been using on yourselves - that horse is dead from this point on."

I was just being facetious in my earlier remark. Okay, now back to stoopid things people say about chickens...have you heard this one? "Eggs with white shells are sterile - that's why stores sell them cheaper than brown eggs." I laughed so hard tears ran down my leg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom