Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one bantam Cochin. He does fine with the rest of he flock. But we had a couple other bantams we thought were too little & timid to mix in, so we re-homed them rather than build hem their own coop & run.

Here is ruffles. He is great comic relief. You should see him try to mate.
gig.gif

OMG! So cute. I love him!

I gave a friend a dozen eggs, all washed in an egg carton.  He looked inside and thanked me, saying how much he loved farm fresh eggs and how excited he was to eat them.  Then he took out all the white eggs.  I asked what he was doing and he said, "Oh, the white ones aren't natural."

"What do you mean?"

"Those are artificial.  They're bleached, or at least come from industry chickens.  Only the brown ones are natural."

"Maybe in the egg industry they do things differently, but on my farm the egg color is dependent on the breed."

He looked at me funny, closed the egg carton with the brown eggs and said, "Oh."  He never took the white eggs home with him.

People are weird...
What would he say if you were to include blue or even GREEN eggs...lmbo!

Ruffles is supper cute!! Look at that lil buggar! So proud of himself. Bantys you gotta have em. I only have LF Cochin and mt bantys are EE and Lurch my lil guy is like that. all puffed up and proud. lol!!!

Last edited:
We have one bantam Cochin. He does fine with the rest of he flock. But we had a couple other bantams we thought were too little & timid to mix in, so we re-homed them rather than build hem their own coop & run.

Here is ruffles. He is great comic relief. You should see him try to mate. :gig

Awwwww! He is SO adorable!! I love bantams, they're so cute!!! :jumpy

So, I "assembled" my very first layer flock this year.

One of my co-workers asked me about them, and I told him that two of my 4 girls were laying about 8 eggs a week between them, on average (the other two are only 3 months old). He asked, "Do you eat the eggs?"

Ummm, that was one of the reasons I want to keep my own laying hens - so that I can eat their eggs. I think he thought that they were somehow not as safe to eat as grocery store eggs. As far as I'm concerned, the opposite is true.

I gave a friend a dozen eggs, all washed in an egg carton. He looked inside and thanked me, saying how much he loved farm fresh eggs and how excited he was to eat them. Then he took out all the white eggs. I asked what he was doing and he said, "Oh, the white ones aren't natural."

"What do you mean?"

"Those are artificial. They're bleached, or at least come from industry chickens. Only the brown ones are natural."

"Maybe in the egg industry they do things differently, but on my farm the egg color is dependent on the breed."

He looked at me funny, closed the egg carton with the brown eggs and said, "Oh." He never took the white eggs home with him.

People are weird...
Lol. I should think the egg would taste weird...and wouldn't the egg yolk be white by that logic?

I gave a friend a dozen eggs, all washed in an egg carton.  He looked inside and thanked me, saying how much he loved farm fresh eggs and how excited he was to eat them.  Then he took out all the white eggs.  I asked what he was doing and he said, "Oh, the white ones aren't natural."

"What do you mean?"

"Those are artificial.  They're bleached, or at least come from industry chickens.  Only the brown ones are natural."

He looked at me funny, closed the egg carton with the brown eggs and said, "Oh."  He never took the white eggs home with him.

People are weird...
They aren't wheat people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom