Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
While mechanically separated meat looks quite disgusting, from a sustainability point of view it has it's merits. If only someone could refine a cow that only makes steaks, or a pig that consists completely of bacon. In other parts of the world many of the things westerners find unappetizing are considered delicacies. With all the feed that's gone into producing the meat people want to eat, it would be a shame to just throw away other parts that are completely edible.

The shame is that companies feel the need to use so many chemicals with processed meat products. I don't see anything wrong with MSM or pink slime, if it weren't for the chemicals used in them. The fact that they can do that and still label them 100% meat is disturbing.

a
The shame is that companies feel the need to use so many chemicals with processed meat products. I don't see anything wrong with MSM or pink slime, if it weren't for the chemicals used in them. The fact that they can do that and still label them 100% meat is disturbing.

This is going a bit from the point but I hate when people use chemicals as a negative word. The fact is is that everything is chemicals, your own body is chemicals the air you breath in is chemicals and the eggs and meat from home raised chickens are full of chemicals as well. Some might say this "rant" is useless in the run of things but it is very important that everyone knows that chemicals are the basis of everything not just some nasty thing that company's put in out food or other products. Try using additives instead of chemicals.

a
This is going a bit from the point but I hate when people use chemicals as a negative word. The fact is is that everything is chemicals, your own body is chemicals the air you breath in is chemicals and the eggs and meat from home raised chickens are full of chemicals as well. Some might say this "rant" is useless in the run of things but it is very important that everyone knows that chemicals are the basis of everything not just some nasty thing that company's put in out food or other products. Try using additives instead of chemicals.
But what about the horrible effects of over-exposure to dihydromonoxide? It's kills loads of people annually, especially people who work and spend time around boats.

a
You are technically correct. However, in the context I'm using the term it is easily understood what I am getting at.

More importantly, I said I take issue with the chemicals used in them, not that I take issue with the fact that there are chemicals used in them.

You are technically correct. However, in the context I'm using the term it is easily understood what I am getting at.

More importantly, I said I take issue with the chemicals used in them, not that I take issue with the fact that there are chemicals used in them.
Yeah, I was actually trying to point out a natural substance that can easily be made to sound hazardous, not contradict your statement. Sadly, sarcasm does often loose it's tone in written form.

Here's a chicken picture to make you feel better in case I offended you.

Not all additives are bad though. I often sprinkle some NaCl on my food to improve taste.

But what about the horrible effects of over-exposure to dihydromonoxide? It's kills loads of people annually, especially people who work and spend time around boats.
You should start a petition. I heard it's used in nuclear plants, making chemical weapons, making conventional ordnance, coal power plants and that China is using it against Japan......

You should start a petition. I heard it's used in nuclear plants, making chemical weapons, making conventional ordnance, coal power plants and that China is using it against Japan......
Nowadays they add it to most food that's produced too. And it's extremely addictive, after you've tried it once you need to keep consuming it, or you'll die.

Yes I realise that, and I don't like there to be so many thongs added to food either but it is just a little pet hate of mine, the whole chemicals are bad thing

Yeah, I was actually trying to point out a natural substance that can easily be made to sound hazardous, not contradict your statement. Sadly, sarcasm does often loose it's tone in written form.

Not all additives are bad though. I often sprinkle some NaCl on my food to improve taste.

Just another word on "natural" substances, they are not all good either like they are made out to be in ads. If you think about it there are lots of natural substances that will kill you. And salt isn't that great good for you either.

Here's a chicken picture to make you feel better in case I offended you.

I didn't take offense. Your doctor might take issue with you saying that that particular chemical isn't bad though.
cool.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom