Dumor 22% Duck All Lifestages feed

I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to say. I give oats for my geese because I thought it had nutrients in it they needed and they like it. I also am giving the sick goose poultry cell daily for about a week to see if that helps her limping and strengthen her legs.
Oats can block nutrients is certain amounts and cause sticky poops,it's not the best thing for them.

Ok
Suggest anything more I can give them? Does my mixture not look like a good balance?
Not really, as eggcessive explained, when you take a good feed and add things to it, you're diluting the nutrition, not really adding anything.
Remove the oats and boss, they can be treats and feed a nice all flock feed, you can mix the duck feed in.

I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to say. I give oats for my geese because I thought it had nutrients in it they needed and they like it.
Because they like something (oats in this case) and for enrichment is a good reason.. at not more than 10% of the total daily intake.. beyond a formulated ration. It's a treat.

Nutrient profile is a bad (or rather, uninformed according to research) reason to give oats.

Oats have diminished nutrients (as does cracked corn) to a formulated ration which should make up 90% of the diet.. and is already *often* corn based,

I do not include free range access stuff as treats or diet.. but rather what is out of my control nutritionally and usually otherwise beneficial to the flock mentality.

Does my mixture not look like a good balance?
I'm not sure what your actual ratios are.. you would wanna describe it better. I'm also not sure I have the answers either..

But The following link from a known and trusted resource shows appropriate nutrient levels depending on age and purpose.. notice fat is pretty low across the board when compared to fat content of BOSS..

https://www.metzerfarms.com/nutritional-requirements.html

I'm not familiar with ricketts beyond possibly it being caused by poor nutrition.. IE wrong feed. Maybe influenced by internal parasite load, personal genetics, absorption issues, etc. Despite being one of the better options, I'm also not sure exactly how complete the poultry cell is or if it has what you're specifically looking for.

Through my many flock adventures, including hatching, and attention to detail disorder.. Even when ALL conditions are met for the flock some individuals will not be getting everything the need to be at well I'll say peak performance.. but really even just healthy, unfortunately.

Not really, as eggcessive explained, when you take a good feed and add things to it, you're diluting the nutrition, not really adding anything.
Remove the oats and boss, they can be treats and feed a nice all flock feed, you can mix the duck feed in.
Because they like something (oats in this case) and for enrichment is a good reason.. at not more than 10% of the total daily intake.. beyond a formulated ration. It's a treat.

Nutrient profile is a bad (or rather, uninformed according to research) reason to give oats.

Oats have diminished nutrients (as does cracked corn) to a formulated ration which should make up 90% of the diet.. and is already *often* corn based,

I do not include free range access stuff as treats or diet.. but rather what is out of my control nutritionally and usually otherwise beneficial to the flock mentality.

I'm not sure what your actual ratios are.. you would wanna describe it better. I'm also not sure I have the answers either..

But The following link from a known and trusted resource shows appropriate nutrient levels depending on age and purpose.. notice fat is pretty low across the board when compared to fat content of BOSS..

https://www.metzerfarms.com/nutritional-requirements.html

I'm not familiar with ricketts beyond possibly it being caused by poor nutrition.. IE wrong feed. Maybe influenced by internal parasite load, personal genetics, absorption issues, etc. Despite being one of the better options, I'm also not sure exactly how complete the poultry cell is or if it has what you're specifically looking for.

Through my many flock adventures, including hatching, and attention to detail disorder.. Even when ALL conditions are met for the flock some individuals will not be getting everything the need to be at well I'll say peak performance.. but really even just healthy, unfortunately.
ok
According to the chart it says I should be giving them layer feed. It was separated by duck and goose but I’m assuming I can give them the same kind. The percentages in the minerals were slightly different from what I can see. I’ve been feeding them flockraiser due to the niacin.
So from what I’m seeing, it’s okay to just give them the pellets daily and give the other stuff on occasion?

Last edited:
According to the chart it says I should be giving them layer feed. It was separated by duck and goose but I’m assuming I can give them the same kind. The percentages in the minerals were slightly different from what I can see. I’ve been feeding them flockraiser due to the niacin.
So from what I’m seeing, it’s okay to just give them the pellets daily and give the other stuff on occasion?
Correct.

Back
Top Bottom