Dumor is being discontinued

dacdeihl

Songster
10 Years
Sep 24, 2009
NorthEast, In
I've read several topics on this in this forum. I have been looking for organic feed and have recieved several helpful feedbacks. I called my local TSC to see if they would special order organic feed. Right not unti lDecember they can't. But in Janurary they said they are going to be able to do so. If they really is true in jan. is alother story. But they also told me all about Dumor being discontinued which I've read and they said it's being replaced by another Purina brand called Nutrina. Anyone know anything about this "sub brand"? Is it healthy. Does it contain soy? I want to stay away from soy.

Halelujah! Nutrena is teh awesome and Dumor has too many fillers in it and it makes a chicken poop too much. Right now I have babies in the brooder chowing on Dumor and it's a constant battle keeping the litter clean for a lowly six chicks!! This bag is almost gone and I can't wait! I'm going to replace that with a co-op bag of chick starter until I can lay my hands on some Nutrena.

And today I buy more layer pellets. I'm starting my hens on Layena. Go away Dumor! Go AWAY!

Last edited:
I love Purina Layena and Flock Raiser, both are great for feed consumption and poop ratio. They poop less and puts out wonderful eggs.

Not everyone likes Purina but I have been using Purina in the last 30 some years in dogs, cats and chickens and all have good results from them.

Nutrena is a completely seperate company from Purina, they don't own them or anything. They are seperate entities.

Almost all of your feed nowadays contain soy.

I tried Nutrena last year and didn't like it. I would recommend you stick with Purina. They do have an organic line, but I cannot remember what it is called.

I've always gone with HiPro feeds, but a very nice BYC'er that I got to meet told me about Nutrena and I've recently bought a bag of nutrena layer pellets.
I like it so far!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom