Dumped Roosters!

tamiep

Songster
7 Years
Jun 3, 2016
Oswego, IL 60543, USA
Someone dumped these two roosters in my yard. They're pretty aggressive and very loud. They are probably scared. I'm going to try to work with them. Maybe put no crowing collars on them. Any idea what type they are? I'm assuming they're both roosters because they both crow.

Find out where I hey roost easy to catch and place them in a dog cage to get them used to you then after constant contact to you for a few weeks will settle down I did that with one I came across worked great i could walk into the coo and pet him

Both roosters. Looks like mixed breeds, hard to say from the photos.

why do you need to keep them? Especially if you need to put collars on them?

They seem to attack when you leave. Like they're afraid to be alone. We pulled out a towel and they started freaking out and making different sounds, so I think someone's done something to them with towels.

One is bald Under his wing. It looks like there's some scabs skin looks kind of yellow.

They seem to attack my boyfriend and not me. So far. But again only when he is looking like he's going to get in the car to leave.

Could be anything but if you watch them just before sunset they will search for a roost then when it gets dark you can retrieve them better put out some feed and see if they are hungry they might be too wild to controll I'm afraid

Some closer photos would help us identify their breed better, but I'm thinking one is an Easter Egger and one is a Cornish or gamebird mix.

Are you allowed to have roosters where you live? I wouldn't put much faith in anti-crow collars. If they worked well - NO ONE would have to give up their roos.

They are actually in the yard where we keep our camper, in a campground. Right now there is no one out on our side. I think the dumper was someone who LIVES at the campground, over on the other side of the tracks, so to speak. There are a few people with chickens over there. My guess is that their neighbors were complaining about the noise. And based on how they are acting, I think they've been teased. We can have whatever does not bother anyone else. And though our campground neighbors loved the chickens, I don't think they will like constant crowing or roosters attacking their knees or their kids, so I need to get this under control.

As I mentioned, it looked line the black one was bald and scabby under at least one of his wings, so I was going to try to catch him because I wanted to get a closer look, so we got a towel and unfolded it. No quick movements. Just unfolThey both stood up really tall and looked ultra-alert, then they started make sounds, both making the same sounds. When we put the towel away, they started to leave the area, like they wanted to get out of there. It was weird like their feelings were hurt or something. I talked to them and called them back.

Back
Top Bottom