Dust bathing video!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by blueberrychickens, Aug 19, 2011.

1. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    Here's a video of my girls taking a dust bath, I've never seen them all do it together, so I thought it was cute!
    Hope you enjoy!

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    lol Chicken Heaven!

3. jomoncon

jomoncon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    If those were RIRs, I'd swear you were recording my girls!! They look just like that!

4. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    they have been cooped up in the run for about 6 weeks due to the hawks & foxes around the neighborhood, so they were more than happy to be out of the run & out free in the yard. I went to round them up & they were all together in the freshly made dust bath, all so happily cooing, I just had to get it on video to share w/ the BYC gang!

5. sillysparrowness

sillysparrowness Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Aaah, lovely! And I was just moaning about how there are no decent/nice chickens videos on youtube in another topic... still upset about the chicken in the pool video... [​IMG] But this is really nice! In good youtube manners, I "liked" your video AND commented... Don't know if you care, but I'm currently starting to videoblog and am busy making myself familiar with internet etiquette [​IMG]

6. sillysparrowness

sillysparrowness Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Euh, without trying to be too pushy, at least I animated an outro involving a chicken, featuring my chicken's voices and the presentation shows a brief glimpse of my girls at the end, if anyone is interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sillysparrowness

7. Alethea

Alethea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    That is adorable. Thank you for posting it. The first time I saw two of mine doing it, I came upon them at a quiet moment. They were so still and twisted up I thought they were dead. Then they started squirming. Total bliss. Bok.

8. 7&8

7&8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Maine
    [​IMG] poultry bliss! "And when we're done with our dust bath, we can munch on the conveniently located hosta!" "Better & better!" [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by