Dust free bedding?

I use pine pellets for cat litter and have found those sold as cat litter to be identical to those sold as horse bedding. That said, I'm very happy with the pine pellets for cat litter. There are lots of other kinds of litters made out of all sorts of things: newspaper, nut shells, etc. etc.
That reminds me, I bet Yesterdays New cat litter would work well too! I do like the pine for scent control though.

This?
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/kaytee-clean-and-cozy-small-animal-bedding
I think it would get dirty very fast. I used to use it for my rabbit which is worked great for, but It think that chicks would get it messy. Its very light weight and not very durable. It would get squashed down, and yes, I'd be concerned they would eat it. Thats why I like the pelleted bedding, its way to big for young birds to eat. I wouldn't raise Cornish X on it with restricted feeding though.
I hated shredded paper for my guinea pig and wasn’t sure this would be any better. Glad to hear first hand experience with it!

One of the big issues is I’m allergic to EVERYTHINGGGGG under the sun 🙄 By some miracle, the chicks and chickens don’t bother me themselves… But I won’t use hay, straw, etc for them. Pine gives me an initial reaction and then it’s not too bad, but I don’t think I’d react well to it inside the house itself. We have a very open plan, very small house

Pellets of paper thoughts?

2527A4B7-C824-4491-BEC3-C4F0CA8021D6.jpeg

So far it’s been a satisfactory bedding. It’s combating smells nicely, no dust at all. One thing I really like is that the pellets don’t disintegrate and clog up the waterer like pine pellets. So the water stays clean longer since I can’t elevate it with such tiny bantams

Back
Top Bottom