Dutch Hookbill Hatch!

I went in the room and they all stand up and s I spooked them😂

Attachments

• 0F822C6B-C11F-456B-BCBA-D7304DF01B49.jpeg
    0F822C6B-C11F-456B-BCBA-D7304DF01B49.jpeg
    361.4 KB · Views: 20
Indeed, it was around 7am this morning and they move all the time. I can see 3 bills curving from eggs that came from a seller raising only Hookbill. The others.. we will see. Unfortunately, most of the eggs from this seller did not hatch, the little ones died on shell during the hatch 😥
And That is exactly what i hear about the Dutch Hookbill over and over again: They develop normal and are not able to hatch without assistance…
@Pyxis could that have something to do with the curved bill itself or is that a sign of genetic degeneration due to not enough variance?

And That is exactly what i hear about the Dutch Hookbill over and over again: They develop normal and are not able to hatch without assistance…
@Pyxis could that have something to do with the curved bill itself or is that a sign of genetic degeneration due to not enough variance?
I don't see how it could be bill related since they hatch with normal bills

I don't see how it could be bill related since they hatch with normal bills
Good point! - Or maybe not: Maybe their bills are so ever slightly different that our inferior humon eyes can't see it. - Anyways, the Dutch would not have bred a duck breed with hatching difficulties 200 years ago, would they? I mean during that time people had more important tasks to do than helping their ducklings hatch…

Back
Top Bottom