Dutch Hookbill Hatch!

kWxke2ujtrgpg7P_tBE3ZcrJ8gNJf8shodd7sZYK6K4Us026iSkWZgmIuRPuoXEmNAGH14Wo_5vaYJ851uH9ly7v_FpVHbhAAXtrlofri2hoGtjGFA3gJTiO9qSnT9N7N31OV2RlnguysiiPP0S_3GF24vSgqCZ4oAZ8k76sO2o0944KS72AAitjBm2V7a1Vt_ZaL8REGhfVC0QloxOvppMmZJo7uIjpJfsQar3-8T1S5tWEOx7G9xtQl7uXG_fkWWv5xsXATyuccLGQeVxnJWuMKvPiyr9FiIEZwZw3gXWvfOLQMtW58rH2010oP_tYcVZebqFl0eITfk3tmLj0U9OrET_vYNLGC88ziJXp8uCCIsrN5KH8rWd11uasSH3rU3wuLYk3_D9wOPKlgOyUim2qa0Aw8i1E2hG5ezT9Qi4TYn2kqE7QCaqnoic0auq-cxfEskDU9qFPqHUYkTBIG_2H1lYEUiuhEQR-4PIaC-uUo4eqneWwlmNIjz-0udP84DC6kirXd6qkIt7LXLXpTLzf5l10VlXlAU4LpXnEIwlPV_KurFV1KWOvqupiWCbZjJLSGkfpiSTCqrec_8eHMIKJkZBThAO_fMyM2HLQ1VXLXHuV-X63_KjfYod5xECXK27LtKodJRpXlZdbxTByvW6foXvC-sfhX4Uc3qgIelseAtI7hSSqgfMfsWpXXQfdsBEot5YLaOa3Q3i98NpA7Jn3=w925-h937-no

You ever have a moment where it takes your brain a bit to catch up with the fact that something is off?

So Blue, my eight week old emu, is living in my garage still - but she won't be after today, since I'm finishing up the growout pen in the emu pasture today. Anyway, she has two pet chickens and two pet BB White turkeys that live in with her. They are all also about eight weeks old.

The Hookbill brooder is also in the garage, and today after I refilled their water jug they were really going nuts with it. I walked back down there a few minutes ago to check them and one had wedged itself between two holes in the waterer, sigh. So I extricate it, set it back in the brooder, set the water jug back in the brooder, and watch for a minute to make sure stuck duckling is fine.

And it is, it jumped up onto the heat plate and started grooming, the others started going for the now available again waterer, and my brain is telling me all is well.

And then suddenly I notice that one of the birds in this brooder is in fact not a one pound duckling, but instead a six pound giant eight week old turkey poult that is towering over the ducklings. Somehow my brain glossed right over that fact for several minutes.

Anyway, the turkey is now back in the with emu where it belongs, lol.

You ever have a moment where it takes your brain a bit to catch up with the fact that something is off?

So Blue, my eight week old emu, is living in my garage still - but she won't be after today, since I'm finishing up the growout pen in the emu pasture today. Anyway, she has two pet chickens and two pet BB White turkeys that live in with her. They are all also about eight weeks old.

The Hookbill brooder is also in the garage, and today after I refilled their water jug they were really going nuts with it. I walked back down there a few minutes ago to check them and one had wedged itself between two holes in the waterer, sigh. So I extricate it, set it back in the brooder, set the water jug back in the brooder, and watch for a minute to make sure stuck duckling is fine.

And it is, it jumped up onto the heat plate and started grooming, the others started going for the now available again waterer, and my brain is telling me all is well.

And then suddenly I notice that one of the birds in this brooder is in fact not a one pound duckling, but instead a six pound giant eight week old turkey poult that is towering over the ducklings. Somehow my brain glossed right over that fact for several minutes.

Anyway, the turkey is now back in the with emu where it belongs, lol.
ROFL! :lau

Back
Top Bottom