Dyeing the chicks

Quote:
I guess you could read a lot of things in to that. The way I read it it says that dyeing is illegal an selling dyed ones is too. I assume the word live means not dead yet. If you didn't show them off you would probably get away with it anyway but I would hate to be the one trying to tell a judge that it doesn't count cause its still in an egg.

While I was looking up laws I found this.
Florida..
The state constitution allows for freedom of speech, a trial by jury, and pregnant pigs to not be confined in cages.

Pigs have constitutional rights in Florida.. Go figure.

I am pretty sure there is no law preventing me from dyeing my chicks here in Louisiana, last year my neighbor bought some so it must be legal to even sell them here. I was looking on the internet this morning and there are some pretty weird laws that come up.
I am already really excited about these hatching and I haven't even dyed them yet
smile.png

I LOVE THEM
love.gif
Who cares about the laws ! Just who is going to enforce them ? We would be the laughing butt of the world if a local incident such as this hit the world news just as the government is about to shut down. As if the US doesn't provide enough for the anger and or amusement of the world.

Quote:

Quote:
Louisiana.
Sec. 18-16. Sale, etc., of artificially colored or dyed animals.

No animal that has been dyed or otherwise colored artificially may be sold or offered for sale, raffled, offered or given as a prize, premium or advertising device; or, displayed in any store, carnival or other public place.

(Code 1956, § 7-10)

State law references: Similar provisions, R.S. 3:2363

http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stuslaodlakecharles_neworleans.htm#s16

Quote:
Louisiana.
Sec. 18-16. Sale, etc., of artificially colored or dyed animals.

No animal that has been dyed or otherwise colored artificially may be sold or offered for sale, raffled, offered or given as a prize, premium or advertising device; or, displayed in any store, carnival or other public place.

(Code 1956, § 7-10)

State law references: Similar provisions, R.S. 3:2363

http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stuslaodlakecharles_neworleans.htm#s16

From the link you gave and quoted from it looks like that is only a law in New Orleans, I don't live there so it shouldn't apply to me. Also it only talks about selling or giving them away, I'll be keeping them.

Back
Top Bottom