dying easter eggs

chickabator

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
ky
How on earth do you dye brown eggs, I tried last year and all I got was a brownish green color. I now have white eggs so I know how to do them I also have ameraucana eggs so I don't have to dye them. but I have to dye at least 10 dozen eggs for easter maybe more. I am suppling them for our sunday school and I have to boil all of them and dye all of them
barnie.gif
and I want all my eggs to be fresh for them. any suggestions?

Food Color and Vinegar? Maybe the commercial dye kits but I thing the food color route would be cheaper with that many eggs.

instead of using the liquid food colouring found at the grocery store what a about the colouring paste that professionals use?

http://search.wilton.com/?q=food+coloring&x=0&y=0

its a thick paste and you would need to apply it with a q-tip or something but cause the colour is more concentrated you may get the colours you are looking for

I had always used the kits you can buy (I saw now they even have glitter kits how fun
smile.png
) but I remember as a child my grandmother showed me how to use food colors instead. I know you had to use vinegar to fix the color but I don't know how much vinegar you had to use.

My daughter just dyed some with the generic store-bought dye kit. The pink came out very nice followed by the yellow. Green and blue came out a little dark. We used very little - almost no - vinegar. It made the dye lighter on the egg shell.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom