Dying gosling

Carrosaur

Songster
8 Years
Mar 8, 2014
Nashville, TN
One of my four week old goslings was fine an hour ago, but now she won't walk, can barely hold her head up, won't eat, won't drink, cold to the touch, no vets here will do ducks or geese and I have no idea how to help.

One of my four week old goslings was fine an hour ago, but now she won't walk, can barely hold her head up, won't eat, won't drink, cold to the touch, no vets here will do ducks or geese and I have no idea how to help.
Bring it inside and warm it up, could it have eaten something toxic? do you have any electrolytes or poultry vitamins. you can just put some along the bill to try and coax it to drink. how old again?

She's four weeks old. I put the last of my poultry vitamins in a cup and gave it to her via syringe (no needle) but it did nothing. Now she is thrashing her head around like she's neurotic. Still no walking. She will lay her head down in awkward positions and now every thirty seconds she "gasps".

Last edited:
Pear is our male and I moved him to the bathroom upstairs just now, he has not shown any signs yet.
Apple is in the garage now and she falls down if she tries to walk.
They have been kept in the same pin for the past month, I have no idea what sort of toxin could have gotten in their pin. I haven't seen or noticed anything different. My boyfriend has gone out to get more poultry vitamins. Is there anything else I can do other than keep them separated?

Epsom salt can be bought at grocery stores Walmart, pharmacies, activated charcoal is what I'd use and go right by direction on the link I gave you. It can be found in the antacid section of any store like Walmart.. I can't imagine what else it could be other than some kind of disease. But for them to be fine one minute and down the next makes me think toxin. What is in the pen? plants for one thing? What do you feed them could the feed be moldy?

Back
Top Bottom