Dying hen. **PICS**

Quote:
I'm so sorry you lost her. I can see how much you tried to save her, but agree with JoePa. You dont know if it was worms or not. This past Sunday I had a hen looking just like her, I brought her inside and saw the messy butt, red abdomen, so I put her in a warm bath, massaged her abdomen, reached inside her and pulled out an empty shell. When I told my husband, he remembered having seen an egg without a shell splashed in the poop tray. I'm afraid you may be worming all the others unnecessarily.

Just my 2 cents.

hugs.gif

Also, check out this thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=8073462
Maybe
the same happened to your hen?

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm so sorry you lost her. I can see how much you tried to save her, but agree with JoePa. You dont know if it was worms or not. This past Sunday I had a hen looking just like her, I brought her inside and saw the messy butt, red abdomen, so I put her in a warm bath, massaged her abdomen, reached inside her and pulled out an empty shell. When I told my husband, he remembered having seen an egg without a shell splashed in the poop tray. I'm afraid you may be worming all the others unnecessarily.

Just my 2 cents.

hugs.gif

Also, check out this thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=8073462
Maybe
the same happened to your hen?

She hasn't laid an egg for months. On top of that she hardly ever laid. Seriously, I've done a necropsy before and I'm not about to go digging for worms in my dead hen. Whether she had worms or not (which, all the symptoms point too) I'm still worming the others regardless if she had them or not. I don't feel like talking about it. Her grave is done. I want to forget about her. Not dig her up and have to cut her open.

I am really sorry for your loss. As I posted before I have a hen who looks exactly the same and has been struggling inside my house for a month now. I don't know if theis will comfort you or not, but I wormed her with Wazine and then Ivermectin and there has been no improvement at all.

I was hoping for a happy ending for you (as our gals look exactly alike) and am truly sorry to hear that your story didn't end well. We keep hoping for a miracle here!

Back
Top Bottom