DylansMom

Hope her internet isn't down.
caf.gif

She is probably still in St Croix enjoying NOT being in 6 Feet of snow! How would she ever get home anyhow???

Hope her birdies are ok, I would sure hate to have a bird sitter in this kind of weather. Hope your doing great too, Dylansmom.

Last edited:
Where are you?! We miss you! You can't leave us for this long!

Hope her internet isn't down.
caf.gif

IF, she ever made it back home and with seven feet of snow on the ground, she is probably living off-grid using candles for heat.

She is probably still in St Croix enjoying NOT being in 6 Feet of snow! How would she ever get home anyhow???

Hope her birdies are ok, I would sure hate to have a bird sitter in this kind of weather. Hope your doing great too, Dylansmom.

Hi everyone! I am home, we managed to sneak in between storm systems around 4am on Monday. Unfortunately I am now buried under 5 comforters and refuse to come out and play!

Sunday

Monday

You'd be depressed and uncommunicative too!
lau.gif

In all seriousness though, I have been swamped with appointments and other things that need caught up on after a 2 week absence. God bless my teenage next door neighbor bird sitter, Autumn did a fantastic job and I came home to find all the critters healthy( if not real happy about the snow and cold). Several have been acting quite snotty toward me, so I think she spoiled them and they are also mad that I did not smuggle them along to the tropics! Thanks for being concerned about my whereabouts, it's nice to feel missed!
hugs.gif

Here are some pretty pics to cheer us all up as we wait for spring!

Really wanted to charter this boat, but couldn't find the owner, probably sleeping it off somewhere.

I have been to Puerta Rico, US Virgin Islands, Paradise Island in the bahamas(Atlantis when the big tsunami hit in the Indian Ocean several years ago right around x-mastime), Grenada,and Jamaica over 10 times and need to go back,but noone except maybe my neighbor can do bird chores but he only has chickens and ducks,no peas,,I also have going to Tahiti on my bucket list.

Last edited:
I have been to Puerta Rico, US Virgin Islands, Paradise Island in the bahamas(Atlantis when the big tsunami hit in the Indian Ocean several years ago right around x-mastime), Grenada,and Jamaica over 10 times and need to go back,but noone except maybe my neighbor can do bird chores but he only has chickens and ducks,no peas,,I also have going to Tahiti on my bucket list.

Autumn's mom is a vet tech and Autumn has a part time job at the vet's office now. They have dogs, cats, chickens, goats and horses, so there is a lot of animal experience there. She bird-sat last summer when I had Peachicks of varying ages all over the place, that was her trial run and we had no losses and no problems. Plus the fact that she could email me updates and questions as well as pics if any of the birds seemed "off" helps.
I've been to Jamaica as well, way too humid for my liking. St. Croix was perfect, 82-86 every day and a nice ocean breeze that keeps the humidity under control. I was on Bonaire about 25 years ago, and that was a perfect climate for me as well, zero humidity there. 95 degrees, but you didn't sweat because it is so dry. The epitome of a "desert island". We are snorkelers and I used to scuba in my younger days so we tend to go to places with good underwater scenery. We really wanted to see sea turtles this trip, but they were hiding, did see a spotted eagle ray up close, but he was a small one. Last trip to the Keys one with a 6 ft wing span came right up to check us out, big fish!

Me and wifey are sun worshippers and lived on Negrils beach from 10am-4pm every day. Love it when sweats dripping off your forehead at 10am and it's only 20 degrees back home in January.We always went in December or January was the best and the most expensive time to go but we've made a lot of lifelong freinds we still correspond with today from vacations 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom