E.E. egg color

aubreynoramarie

designated lawn flamingo
9 Years
May 27, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Sooo this morning I got my very first teeny tiny light blue egg
ya.gif

the only two girls out of my five that haven't layed yet are my e.e. Darla (earlly may hatchling) and a new girl midge who is either blue orp x ameraucana or blue orp x e.e. She is a July 7 hatchling

because of the age difference I am going to guess Darla is the culprit. But don't hatchery stock e.e.s lay green eggs? Also this egg was such a pale blue it almost looked like a very bright white. Will the blue pigment darken as she lays a few more?

Thnx

The light blue will continue to get lighter through the laying cycle.

I just had a BWAXBSL pullet lay her first egg this week... a beautiful pale green that I'm hoping will get bigger and lighten up a bit.

All 4 of my EEs lay a light aqua egg. I can't really say that I've noticed them getting lighter over the last month but that doesn't mean they haven't.
smile.png
There are variations in the shade but they are aqua not blue and not green.

This egg is from my Hatchery EE Buffy. It is a pretty blue. I only buy my EEs from Privett Hatchery through my local feed store. The EEs from Belt Hatchery(the other hatchery my local feed store buys from) lay a green egg and I don't think they are as pretty!
wink.png

54909_p1020685.jpg
54909_p1020188.jpg

depending on the bird and its line--eggs can be all kinds of colors from these ...i have 5 EE's and have 2 more on the greener side, 1 more on the blue side, 1 light cream, and 1 "pink". they all came from the same hatchery and at the same time. and i have been told they can also get brown tones and whites.
i love the dif. colors.
ya.gif

I love the blue ones! My white EE lays the bluest ones. I know that because she is the bottom of the pecking order and at one time I had to separate her and give her a rest for a few hours each day when one of the aggressive hens was picking on her. That was a year ago and all is well now though. My other hens lay brown and green eggs. I have two Silver Spangled Hamburgs who are one week old. By summer, hopefully I will also have white eggs......then Marans one day for choc eggs
smile.png

45693_img_9587.jpg

Back
Top Bottom