Earth's Children/Jean Auel fans

Quote:
So which is it?
big_smile.png

Sorry to hear about your mom, HBH. My mom got me hooked on those books too. I remember being a girl in the 80s and seeing The Valley of Horses and The Mammoth Hunters and wanting to read them but my mother was very adamant that I not until I was older. I was 17 when I began reading them. Ironically, when I was living alone in northern Michigan. VOH really hit home for me then.

WOW, am I excited to find out the release date of the next book! I LOVE the series- plot holes and all! I have so enjoyed the story so far. I agree, there have been moments I thought "Geez, not ANOTHER 6 paragraphs of descriptive love-making/boat making/basket weaving...etc" But all in all, its a really wonderful fantasy. I love the escape it offers from todays busy techno life.

Cant wait to read the new book!

Thank You OP for letting us know when to expect the next book!!!

I loved her first books, but each successive one gets more repetitve going back and explaining things that happened in earlier books. I wish she would just write each book like the first one...let each reader decide to buy the earlier ones and get caught up on the story line...or not! My mom will be thrilled! She has glaucoma and it is getting progressively worse. It would be cool if she could read it before she loses her eyesight.

I'm just tickled that the next one is Finally coming out I started reading the books 20yrs ago and have reread them hundreds of times
big_smile.png
I too just thought she had passed and that there would not be another book ok .... Got to preorder asap:D

I love what MiChickenWrangler said
I liked parts of Plans of Passion-er, Plains of Passage, mainly when they got to hang out with other tribes. But Shelters of Stone was just so bland and utopic and so much of a social commentary it irritated me. Coupled with tha fact that Ayla is no longer human but an avatar of the Mother. I want her to openly rebel against someone like she did in Clan or make some stupid decisions like she did in The Mammoth Hunters, but instead she just waltzes in to the biggest Cave in the area where her lover's brother is leader, a good competent leader. And EVERYONE in the family gets along and the whole flathead thing is taken like "Oh? That's nice." Everyone loves Ayla and those that don't have mental problems.

That being said, I've seen a few "reviews" that may or may not be genuine and if these are legit, Land of the Painted Caves will at least cover 6 years rather than excruciating of 2 weeks. LoPC is supposed to take us to when Jonayla is 6 years old

I wish they would touch base with her original clan, You would think the "First" of the Doni, would be able to help her. And you would think that her being raised by Flatheads would be like ALL the other tribes.. OOH ICK.. bad touch!! bleh.. go wash myself in a freezin stream.. bleh (barf)
sickbyc.gif
.. Ick Pooh Bad.. your tainted...
But now.. its like what MCW said.. "oh that's nice dear, can you bring me a haunch of Auroch please!"

But noooooo.. you just want to smack Jean and say.. where is the conflict? where is the overcoming something HUGE. Where is her fiery independence??? Oh Jean.. c'mear dear...
smack.gif
go back and write something
that tugs at our heart strings, makes us cheer, and re read the book over and over...

I give the book 2 months, and I will find a copy of it at my half priced book store.​

Quote:
Funny you say that. Someone on ECfans said almost the exact same thing (It was pass the ketchup).

From what I have heard of the spoilers, it promises far more conflict than SoS, but the 5 people who have it, say the plot REALLY starts on page 500. The first two parts are mainly Ayla looking at caves in France and Spain.

Again, if anyone wants details they can see the first 3 chapters at www.ecfans.com or PM me for spoilers or the password to the "spoiler room"

Funny did not know another book was on the way. I obtained last year all the previous ones on unabridged audio tape. Listening to them on commute to work and am now in the latter part of the Plains.
Have never read Shelters of Stone, so was looking forward to that.

Should finish just in time for the next book to come out. Interesting but I imagine as an author ages it is hard to keep up drama/passion/intrigue like when one was younger...........just like all the rest of us.

But I do wish they would just quite writing instead of having someone else fill in for them.......never the same.

Bumping this thread now that the final book is out. Received my copy today and sped-read through it.

Not entirely happy.

Anyone get it/read it?

Back
Top Bottom