Earth's Children/Jean Auel fans

michickenwrangler

To Finish Is To Win
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
NE Michigan
Book Six is due out March 29, 2011.

Loved the first 4 books but 5 was disappointing.

Please, anyone, if you post on here, remember the content of the books and keep it G-rated and let's not get into a debate on Ice Age humans.

I really wish she wrote faster, its been 9 years
th.gif

I have pre ordered mine, of course I want the next outlander book now now now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk is one of my favorite book sites. we use it all the time at the bookstore where I work.

Oh wow, I am so thrilled to hear this. Funny thing is, DH and I were *just* talking about this a few weeks ago and when I told him how long it had been since book 5 came out, he wondered if perhaps she had stopped writing or had passed on or something. I was really disappointed at the thought I might never be able to continue the series. I'm so glad to know he is wrong and I get to read book 6 after all!!!!

It's called "Land of Painted Caves" and I've preordered mine on amazon.com

I also belong to an EC fan site: www.ecfans.com (I'm Izzie)
Come and join.

We have the first 3 chapters posted on there and ...

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

It's much the same as Shelters of Stone. Info dumps, inane conversations, more introductions to Wolf than ANY info on Jonayla.

I really think Jean Auel might have lost her muse or else age is just catching up with her. I'm hoping it will turn out to be good though.

I re-read Clan of the Cave Bear every chance I got. I think about this series often, like how did people REALLY live and eat and gather food and when/how did fire really come into play.

Sorry.

Didn't buy the last one but did get it from the library. It had been so long since the previous book that I had to re-read all of the books to remember who was who. I think I'll get this new one from the library. Now would be a good time to put a hold on it! Thanks for the heads up.

Vikki

I tell people about the natural herbs that were used in the books. And I love the research she did for the books.
And find it funny that scientists are just now putting together the pieces, that she wrote as a piece of fiction, that is not AS fictionalized as it might be.

Carol

I spotted The Shelters of Stone on one of my bookshelves a couple of days ago and wondered if that was it, no more. . . guess not! I hope this book is better than that one. I will for sure have to brush up on what was happening, there's no way I will remember!

Back
Top Bottom