Easiest Plant To Grow

Easiest plant to grow?

• Total voters
I chose lettuce and herbs (specifically chives) - my original chive plant is 9 years old I think? All my chives are descended from that one plant. Even when we moved and I forgot about it and forgot to water it it still came back the next spring.

Surprised so many folks have a hard time with carrots, I've grown them even in lousy quality (but loose) soil. I get so many carrots I have to hold back from seeding more, because I know I'll end up with too much by fall.

Oh, I should add turnips too! It's a running joke with my family, I grow turnips because they grow so easily, not because anyone wants to eat them. But I can't stop growing them because I know for sure they'll grow well, no matter what.

My kids will eat rutabagas and gilfeathers if I saute them in a lot of butter.
I don't grow rutabagas but have no problem eating them. No amount of butter makes a turnip un-turnipy. By far my preferred methods for serving turnips is mashed in a casserole with carrots (as the carrot flavor dominates, but the turnip helps it from being too carrot-y), or as a replacement for radish in radish cakes, but that's something only I like so I mostly eat it by myself.

Back
Top Bottom