Easter Egger club!

Lisa I keep looking at this bird.  She doesn't look real, her color is so beautiful.  Do you have more pictures of her?  Can you do a photo shoot for me? LOL  :gig

She is a doll, isn't she? You can pat your lap and shell jump up. If I'm holding one of her sisters she'll jump up and get in between me and her sister. Funny girl. Ill post more pics of her soon.

How does one know if their EE is a roo? I think one of mine is but I am now wondering if I am right.
As others have said here...watch the comb. For a little EE roo it will be bigger & a bit darker.

The behavior may be more aggressive, and assertive, the size may be bigger too. I noticed, later on mine, the tell-tale tail feathers growing larger and curving. If the neck feathers are very pointy that is sometimes an indication too.

Of course once you hear that first squawky and squeeky crow - the game is up.

You may want to post a picture here, and in some other threads about 'what gender' - and get some really good expert views of your particular EE. Part of being able to tell depends on age of your chicken. ;o)

We have four EE's. We purchased 3 this spring (yacko, wacko and dot) and attempted to purchase a speckled Sussex chick but the people at Agway had no idea what the chick was and must have been calling them speckled Sussex but it was an Americana. She was the best mistake ever though we call her snoozy Suzy because from day 1 if you held her upside down in the palm of your hand she would close her eyes, stretch out, and go to sleep. She is our favorite chicken both because of her especially gentle personality and her sleepy nature which is rather endearing. I will post pictures soon.

We have 4 EE chix (< 1 week). No names yet, but the "chipmunk strip" one is quite noisey & sort of bullis the others a bit. Started out with her + another pullet buddy that was still sticky from hatching, but only survived aprox 36 hours
hit.gif
. The white EE was the last to join the family. They seem healthy from what i can tell.

Hi there My little easter egger baby is named Sappington (my husband named him after someone from the Civil War).
I am not sure if he/she will be roo or hen, little one has some pointy tailfeathers already at only two weeks old so its still to early to tell.
Pics will be up loaded soon as I can get one of him/her alone!
Group shot!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom