Easter Egger club!

It's amazing to me how quickly the grow! It seems like just yesterday I got my little chipmunk looking girls. Now they are almost 4wks old, and their colors are really coming in. Another week or so and they'll be moving out into to coop. I have a question though... at what point do my babies no longer need the heat lamp? I ask because sometimes the sleep under it but most times they sleep as far from it as possible. I dont even have it very warm in there anymore... temp currently reads, 77 degrees.

I've got 4 - maybe 5 easter eggers. I just got Chevy (sole survivor from a 4H flock that got attacked by coons) and she lays white eggs. Coloring looks similar to my other EE, but comb sure isn't typical.

Chevy 9 month old EE? That's what the 4H kids were told by the breeder, but she lays white eggs instead of green. Could she be a brown leghorn?

Chevy's back - 1 month after coon attack
Chevy does have the look of a brown leghorn.She should have yellow legs if she is a leghorn.

jumpy.gif

I got two new EEs they are so cute!The lighter one is Addy and the darker one is Emma.

They spent the afternoon eating worms from my hand. The little Buttercups would grab one and the EEs would steal it right from their beak! Jerks.

Got my chickens today!!!! Turns out 2 are Olive Eggers and one EE...two have the black feet. They are about 12 weeks...do you think they are all girls????

Okay, These are two EE crosses from my flock - the white one is a Light Brahma Hen x Ameracauna Rooster, and the Buff is a Buff Brahma Hen and the same Ameracauna Rooster. I think they will both be beautiful (though no feathered feet), the question is - are they Hen(s) or Roo(s)? Here's a couple of shots of each...

Looking at their combs, and tail feathers, they look like hens to me. But then I'm a newbie... I hope they are. From what I've read, it's uncommon to have one like the white and black and have it be a hen. So yay!...I think lol. Watch for red or deep brownish red coming in on the wing that will mean Roo... Again, from what I've read :)

Back
Top Bottom