Easter Egger club!

Oh wow...so not even an EE? Someone on the araucana thread said EE...

I would say EE . Rhode Island reds have single combs and yellow legs . Not familiar with the other red but most likely a production breed with single comb and yellow legs . He is a big fella but pea comb, beard and green legs say EE .

I would say EE . Rhode Island reds have single combs and yellow legs . Not familiar with the other red but most likely a production breed with single comb and yellow legs . He is a big fella but pea comb, beard and green legs say EE .

OIC thank you! I am pretty new to chickens in general and even newer to roos so I really was confused. His comb is huge so I didn't realize it was a pea comb. :)

OIC thank you! I am pretty new to chickens in general and even newer to roos so I really was confused. His comb is huge so I didn't realize it was a pea comb.
smile.png

Yes and due to his combs height he probably is carrying single comb as a recessive .

So if he mates with a hen with a single comb gene they could have EE babies with a single comb? Is that bad?

Not bad but the blue egg gene is linked to pea comb . So you may get tinted or pinkish eggs . The link is not iron clad as Crème legbars lay blue eggs and have single combs .In the USA we listened to the science about the link between the 2 traits . In Europe they ignored the science or maybe never read about the link .

Not bad but the blue egg gene is linked to pea comb . So you may get tinted or pinkish eggs . The link is not iron clad as Crème legbars lay blue eggs and have single combs .In the USA we listened to the science about the link between the 2 traits . In Europe they ignored the science or maybe never read about the link .

Oh okay. I definitely want the blue eggs if at all possible. Hmm such a tough decision. This roo is absokuteoy gorgeous and my all white EE roo is well...plain BUT he grew up with my boys. Decisions decisions

I have an issue I just had 5 chicks die each one one day after the other but all with the same symptoms seperation from others then almost like paralzation all different ages and breeds any clue why

A few picks of my Waffles at two weeks old (today!). She's by far the fastest to feather out - she's got juvenile feathers coming in EVERYWHERE.

I have an issue I just had 5 chicks die each one one day after the other but all with the same symptoms seperation from others then almost like paralzation all different ages and breeds any clue why
Mareaks disease, maybe. Did you vaccinate ? Has any of your chickens had same symptoms in past? It can spread up to 50 miles airborne. Just a thought, look it up on pedi poultry . It's a horrible disease! Sorry to hear.

Has anyone else have picky eaters?? this years bunch won't touch the normal treats!! Scratch and feed are all they will eat so far. no fruit,veg or meal worms will the eat. My Cochin,Brahma,SS and GLW will eat anything but the EEs turn up their noses and scratch dirt on em.Grrrrr!!

Back
Top Bottom