Easter Egger club!

Heres a picture of the lil' guy/girl i love the markings and color put im praying she/he doesnt turn out to be a hen
fl.gif

Quote:
I think it's too early to tell definitively but one of my girls looked almost exactly the same, though the color seems to be pretty common among EEs.

Hi, haven't been on in a while. I got 4 EE pullets from Rural King in Feb. got two dark chipmunks and 2 light chipmunks. I wanted them to look different, lo and behold after about 4 weeks I knew the 2 lighter ones were cockerels. The pea comb was already turning red and had the tell tell 3 rows, they were black and white. Thankfully my neighbor took them. So far I have been spot on with who is male and female among my EE and my Americuanas by about 8 weeks old. they start to have much pinker combs by that age.

I got 3 that looked just like that as chicks and still hoping they're pullets but we got 2 dark brown chicks. 1st one is that very typical pullet pattern but the other one went complete opposite and is turning out to be a gorgeous black and white bird and really hoping it's still a pullet.

Beautiful birds!!

Thank you! They turned out a bit more similar looking than I anticipated lol. My EE hen is that that typical brown partridge pattern and I wanted something different. It's really like a gray one too. I have three more that are the weeks old but they don't want their pictures taken lol.

Two are feathering really fast and the other not as fast so I'm thinking that one may be male, though he's feathering at the same rate as my sexed black Giants and amberlinks so who knows lol

Last edited:
Question for all you Easter Egger Eggsperts. I have 8 EE's that are almost 6 weeks old. I've ID'ed 3 definite Roosters. one is a nice bright reddish wheaten color, next is a less colorful wheaten and the third is for now a drab silvery grey. Both the less colorful ones have the full blown beard and cheek muffs. The Bright Wheaten doesn't. I do want to keep the Muffs and beards when I breed but I do like the coloration on this rooster. Is the muffs and beards a dominant strain or do I need to breed 2 muffed to keep the muffs?

Question for all you Easter Egger Eggsperts. I have 8 EE's that are almost 6 weeks old. I've ID'ed 3 definite Roosters. one is a nice bright reddish wheaten color, next is a less colorful wheaten and the third is for now a drab silvery grey. Both the less colorful ones have the full blown beard and cheek muffs. The Bright Wheaten doesn't. I do want to keep the Muffs and beards when I breed but I do like the coloration on this rooster. Is the muffs and beards a dominant strain or do I need to breed 2 muffed to keep the muffs?

It is a dominant gene .

Back
Top Bottom