Easter Egger club!

The feather indicators.....are they usually on the back...like deep red blotches?
Also if a 3-4 week old EE has back feathers is it possible to sex them from physical indicators.

If your line produces black breasted males and salmon breasted or brown breasted females look at the breast feather color . Otherwise yes red blotches on wing shoulders .

Been hoping for pullet on this one....now....not too sure.
Im not sure exactly what to look for on the
comb since these are my first pea combed bunch but, I can guess at it.

These aren't my first chickens...
1f615.png

She/he is the sweetest though...it would be sad for him/her to be a cockerel, for our future rooster is in the incubator....and we aren't keeping anymore roos

Last edited:
No name

GIgi the wanna be an EE.

Leia/ drama... Princess Leia Organica of Al da Run.

Esmay

Heinlein

Honor

Jules

Lessa

Uhura
Here's all my EE babies Now. * week birthday on Tuesday. All the Pullets are named after female Science Fiction women. All the Cockerels are named after Science Fiction writers .

Quote: I don't know where y'all get your EE;s but I have many hens that grew up black and white and/or have red wings. I don't think coloring has any bearing on EE sex, there is just too much genetic diversity in the "breed".

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter
If I may ask, where did you get the basket? I've been looking for a small pastel colored basket for egg collecting.

I don't know where y'all get your EE;s but I have many hens that grew up black and white and/or have red wings. I don't think coloring has any bearing on EE sex, there is just too much genetic diversity in the "breed".

If I may ask, where did you get the basket? I've been looking for a small pastel colored basket for egg collecting.
Hi, I picked up the basket from AC Moore :)

No name

GIgi the wanna be an EE.

Leia/ drama... Princess Leia Organica of Al da Run.

Esmay

Heinlein

Honor

Jules

Lessa

Uhura
Here's all my EE babies Now. * week birthday on Tuesday. All the Pullets are named after female Science Fiction women. All the Cockerels are named after Science Fiction writers .

Okay No name I am positive is a rooster now and naming Tolkien. Jules however is starting to make me wonder. I just noticed it's comb is actually like the Pullets combs just a bit more red. Also tail feathers are hen like and no saddle feathers. ARRGGH! trying to sex these blasted birds is driving me bonkers!

Okay No name I am positive is a rooster now and naming Tolkien. Jules however is starting to make me wonder. I just noticed it's comb is actually like the Pullets combs just a bit more red. Also tail feathers are hen like and no saddle feathers. ARRGGH! trying to sex these blasted birds is driving me bonkers!
100% male. See the shade of red that those random shoulder/wing feathers are? That's rooster red. No Name/Tolkien, Heinlein, Jules, and Lessa all have the same random dark red feathers in the same areas. They are all boys.
Male specific feathering doesn't begin to develop until about 10 weeks of age, and can take many more weeks to be clearly visible.

Back
Top Bottom