Easter Egger or Olive Egger?

In the Brooder
Sep 16, 2017
What breed is my hen? I've had her for a couple of years now. I bought her from an event called Chick Day at a Healthy Pets pet store near me. I asked the guy selling them if any were Olive Eggers, and he told me there wouldn't be any and they were rare. However, when she was old enough to lay eggs they came out green while the other eggs from the Easter Eggers came out blue. Is she an Olive Egger?

Unfortunately, the only pics I have of her right now are headshots. My camera is not working atm.

Attachments

• Chicken 1.jpg
    Chicken 1.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Chicken 2.jpg
    Chicken 2.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Chicken 3.jpg
    Chicken 3.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 33
What breed is my hen? I've had her for a couple of years now. I bought her from an event called Chick Day at a Healthy Pets pet store near me. I asked the guy selling them if any were Olive Eggers, and he told me there wouldn't be any and they were rare. However, when she was old enough to lay eggs they came out green while the other eggs from the Easter Eggers came out blue. Is she an Olive Egger?

Unfortunately, the only pics I have of her right now are headshots. My camera is not working atm.
She is a EE! EE's can lay many colors of eggs they are not always blue. They can be green, blue, pink, yellow, even white. There really isn't much difference between the two. Both EE's and OE's have blue egg gene OE's have a dark brown egg gene and EE's have light brown all the way to white. The only way to know the difference between the two is to know the parentage.

She's an EE, as everyone is saying. Easter eggers can lay green eggs too! One of my girls lays a blue, the other a green egg. They are both very pretty!

She is a EE! EE's can lay many colors of eggs they are not always blue. They can be green, blue, pink, yellow, even white. There really isn't much difference between the two. Both EE's and OE's have blue egg gene OE's have a dark brown egg gene and EE's have light brown all the way to white. The only way to know the difference between the two is to know the parentage.
Alright, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom