Easter Egger - Pullets or Cockerel?

Easter Eggers are essentially "mutts". They are not an actual breed, but the outcome of crossing other breeds.
Ok that is what I thought but just wanted to make sure. I appreciate the help of a total dummy with this stuff. Luckily the lady is very nice and said she would swap them out for pullets. But now I don't know if I trust her....

The ones she has are 10 months and have started laying. So hopefully I wouldn't even be able to mess that up!

So when they are around 4-6 months, you are basically looking at the body shape, thier comb size and for saddle feathers?
Basically. Mainly comb and wattle growth and MALE saddles. Patchy coloring as well.

The ones she has are 10 months and have started laying. So hopefully I wouldn't even be able to mess that up!

So when they are around 4-6 months, you are basically looking at the body shape, thier comb size and for saddle feathers?
I go by comb/wattles size and color, male specific leakage across the wing bows, and saddle feathers.

I go by comb/wattles size and color, male specific leakage across the wing bows, and saddle feathers.
With A being the youngest of the bunch, should I just see if I can trade that one back too? I have 5 older (3.5 year old) hens that are kind of snags and would feel bad for the small one. I plan on getting rid of the larger ones hence trying to get some more pullets

With A being the youngest of the bunch, should I just see if I can trade that one back too? I have 5 older (3.5 year old) hens that are kind of snags and would feel bad for the small one. I plan on getting rid of the larger ones hence trying to get some more pullets
If she wasn't in with the birds you'll be picking from, it's not a terrible idea. It's never easy to introduce a single bird into a flock.

Back
Top Bottom