Easter Egger Question

Well, my rooster is definitely not quiet. My hen is though. I think in general, the hens are on the quieter side. There are, of course, exceptions though, so I can't say for sure that if you get an EE she will be quiet.

yeah, you can't really determine how loud/quiet a chicken will be based on breed...
hens are usually quiet, and all my roosters are noisy. one breed that I found particularly quiet for the crow is the d'uccle. Other than that, I could say all my roosters are noisy and all my hens are quiet

I’ll agree with other posts here that it can vary from chicken to chicken, regardless of breed.

I would think, however, that even if one person experienced certain behavior with a breed, it’s different with hybrids. Genetic mixes are weird and can display dominant traits from anything in their bloodline... be it appearance, egg color, or behavior.

I have 2 EEs. They are the loudest when it comes to the egg song. One talks to me often when I'm out there - she's pretty friendly. The other has a screechy cluck - not as friendly, but will allow me to pick her up now and then. I would say the EEs that I have are definitely the "loudest" of my mixed crew of 6.

I have 2 EEs. They are the loudest when it comes to the egg song. One talks to me often when I'm out there - she's pretty friendly. The other has a screechy cluck - not as friendly, but will allow me to pick her up now and then. I would say the EEs that I have are definitely the "loudest" of my mixed crew of 6.
And I have an EE who never sings an egg song! Just shows they're all individuals.

Back
Top Bottom