Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morgan7782, Mar 11, 2011.

1. HomesteadDebi

HomesteadDebi Chirping

Mar 24, 2013
    Georgia
    Oh, Nala is beautiful. Izzy is my favorite. Just love her colors and patterns.

2. HomesteadDebi

HomesteadDebi Chirping

Mar 24, 2013
    Georgia
    Yay! [​IMG]

3. HomesteadDebi

HomesteadDebi Chirping

Mar 24, 2013
    Georgia
    Yes, she is a big girl! Now, I just need her and the others to catch up to the 16 and 17 week old RIRs, BOs and BRs. They jump them every time I try to let them be together. The little girls are in their own "Mini-cooper" with a dog kennel for a run...all inside of the big run.

4. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

I have my 4-6 week olds with my adults free ranging together. My 4-5 week olds have 13 week old RIRs who sleep in the same pen. I think they should be fine with birds that close in age!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  5. ltctrolley

ltctrolley In the Brooder

Jul 7, 2013
    Can you tell what my 4 month old ameracauna chickens are? I have head shot to if that will help! I have a feeling I have a lot of roo's.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. rachel82

rachel82 In the Brooder

May 3, 2013
    Northern Colorado
    Hello!! I've got a toughie on my hands. Any time that I ask, I get about 50/50 on the sex of my EE. Lately I am almost certain I have a roo on my hands, ONLY by the tail feathers. The behavior is definitely not roo-ish, at 15 weeks hardly any comb, no crowing. She does have the "red" patches, but the older she gets the more that it spreads. It is NOT just on the shoulders, it is spread through the whole body (hard to see on the pics). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. That is most definitely a cockerel.

8. chics

chics In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2013
    I'm not good at sexing but I think it looks like a roo...sorry.

9. brairgirl

brairgirl Chirping

Aug 7, 2012
    We have a hen (We are positive lol) that has some curled tail feathers.. She is a Black Sex link pullet.

I don't see any pointy saddle feathers, I can't tell with the hackle feathers because of the pattern.

10. rachel82

rachel82 In the Brooder

May 3, 2013
    Northern Colorado
    B
    We have a hen (We are positive lol) that has some curled tail feathers.. She is a Black Sex link pullet. 

I don't see any pointy saddle feathers, I can't tell with the hackle feathers because of the pattern.
    [/quote
    No pointy saddle feathers coming in yet...hackle feathers appear pointed but in fact are rounded when you separate them out individually.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by