Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Thank you everyone! I knew the patterns looked like girls, but was a little worried about Izzy...and she's my favorite! I also worried about Poof because of the black spots. Thanks for making me feel better about them all. I don't want to give up any of my EEs. I've already had a RIR that turned out to be a boy.The other 11/12 of my RIRs,BRs and BOs turn out to be girls, so I am thankful it was only one. Thanks again!
celebrate.gif
I have a girl like that...pale peach/creamy white withe a couple of stray black feathers at the neck. Don't have any photos because this group is still quite flighty.

CG

Also, here is one more pic that I had that didn't get uploaded yesterday
Heres another pic of that same white roo I posted earlier and his brother roo at 10 weeks and a few days old for you to compare to your EE.

Heres another pic of that same white roo I posted earlier and his brother roo at 10 weeks and a few days old for you to compare to your EE.
Yeah, the comb!! Mine has nothing almost! I am perplexed. I can only assume by her body shape and behavior mixed with everything else, I have a girl, although I won't hold my breath until I get an egg or a crow :-/

Yeah, the comb!! Mine has nothing almost! I am perplexed. I can only assume by her body shape and behavior mixed with everything else, I have a girl, although I won't hold my breath until I get an egg or a crow :-/
Yes yours is quite small and flat to be a 15 week old roo.When I did a close up of your 15 week old with my 10 week old the difference is glaring. I'll be shocked if yours turns out to be a roo .The coloring is odd because a lot of the time the whitish ones turn out to be roos like mine. A mix of white gold and black with some red thrown in on the wings.
But maybe you are one of the lucky ones who gets the random pullet!
ya.gif
You did say she has coloring coming in all over the body so the pattern may be evening itself out.Guess we'll find out in a few weeks. Keep us updated!
smile.png

Single combed EEs - 95% chance at varying shades of brown. 5% chance at green 
Pea combed EEs - 95% chance at green or blue - 5% at varying shades of brown
Modified pea comb - well I really don't know there, but all that I've had with modified pea combs have laid coloured eggs. 

The pea comb is closely related to the coloured egg gene. 
that is a huge bummer for me. I gave away my prettier hen with the pea comb to keep the one my daughter likes (single comb and plain looking). The entire point was to have green or blue eggs. Lesson learned. I'm learning so much on this thread. Thank you.

Yes, the more time that goes by, the more the reddish color spreads. It is all over her formerly pure white chest now. Thanks so much for the input, I will keep it updated when I figure it all out!

Back
Top Bottom