Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morgan7782, Mar 11, 2011.

1. CGinJCMO

CGinJCMO Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2012
    Cole County Missouri
    I have a girl like that...pale peach/creamy white withe a couple of stray black feathers at the neck. Don't have any photos because this group is still quite flighty.

CG

2. TREX

TREX Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Heres another pic of that same white roo I posted earlier and his brother roo at 10 weeks and a few days old for you to compare to your EE.
    [​IMG]

3. rachel82

rachel82 Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2013
    Northern Colorado
    Yeah, the comb!! Mine has nothing almost! I am perplexed. I can only assume by her body shape and behavior mixed with everything else, I have a girl, although I won't hold my breath until I get an egg or a crow :-/

4. TREX

TREX Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes yours is quite small and flat to be a 15 week old roo.When I did a close up of your 15 week old with my 10 week old the difference is glaring. I'll be shocked if yours turns out to be a roo .The coloring is odd because a lot of the time the whitish ones turn out to be roos like mine. A mix of white gold and black with some red thrown in on the wings.
    But maybe you are one of the lucky ones who gets the random pullet![​IMG]You did say she has coloring coming in all over the body so the pattern may be evening itself out.Guess we'll find out in a few weeks. Keep us updated![​IMG]

5. califarmgirl

califarmgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Inland Valley, CA
    that is a huge bummer for me. I gave away my prettier hen with the pea comb to keep the one my daughter likes (single comb and plain looking). The entire point was to have green or blue eggs. Lesson learned. I'm learning so much on this thread. Thank you. [​IMG]

6. rachel82

rachel82 Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2013
    Northern Colorado
    Yes, the more time that goes by, the more the reddish color spreads. It is all over her formerly pure white chest now. Thanks so much for the input, I will keep it updated when I figure it all out!

7. BLT79

BLT79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    Western MA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    hackles look like they have a scallop type shape to them. 5 weeks old now.

8. Chicken2628

Chicken2628 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2013
    USA
    Is this a rooster. I know it is a back shot, I can get a front shot if I have to.[​IMG]

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I'm thinking pullet.

10. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Yeah it's a pullet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by