Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I agree with aoxa, pullet!

20130707_123415_zps54046a97.jpg

Ok eight weeks old more or less, this one is the only one of my EEs that has comb development and sometimes that comb is really pink. I want to say pullet but, have not picked a name yet.

Hi Everyone! My EEs will be 11 weeks old on Tuesday, the 7th. They should be old enough to tell the sex. I would appreciate your opinions! Thanks!

Freckles:

Izzy:

Poof: Has 2-3 black spots, you can see one on the left shoulder.

Repecka:

Please excuse the "dirty birds." It has rained here almost every day the last month or so, so it's been pretty muddy in the run and mini-run. They had just been pecking around and dustbathing, so they had dirty faces. lol

Hi Everyone! My EEs will be 11 weeks old on Tuesday, the 7th. They should be old enough to tell the sex. I would appreciate your opinions! Thanks!

Freckles:

Izzy:

Repecka:

Please excuse the "dirty birds." It has rained here almost every day the last month or so, so it's been pretty muddy in the run and mini-run. They had just been pecking around and dustbathing, so they had dirty faces. lol

All of those are pullets, except for Izzy. Her pattern says pullet for sure, but that comb is just too big at 11 weeks for me to be sure. She looks so much like one of my girls, though.

This is my Nala around 5 months:

Hi Everyone! My EEs will be 11 weeks old on Tuesday, the 7th. They should be old enough to tell the sex. I would appreciate your opinions! Thanks! Freckles: Izzy: Poof: Has 2-3 black spots, you can see one on the left shoulder. Repecka: Please excuse the "dirty birds." It has rained here almost every day the last month or so, so it's been pretty muddy in the run and mini-run. They had just been pecking around and dustbathing, so they had dirty faces. lol
They all look to have pullet color patterns. I have all the same color birds as yours and they are all pullets.

Freckles:

Izzy:

Repecka:

They are all girls regardless of comb size (though Izzy is a little big for 11 weeks!) Boys simply can not be coloured like that. :) Beautiful birds!

Thank you everyone! I knew the patterns looked like girls, but was a little worried about Izzy...and she's my favorite! I also worried about Poof because of the black spots. Thanks for making me feel better about them all. I don't want to give up any of my EEs. I've already had a RIR that turned out to be a boy.The other 11/12 of my RIRs,BRs and BOs turn out to be girls, so I am thankful it was only one. Thanks again!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom