Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Hi everyone! I just wanted to drop back in and let those who weighed in know the results of my Cleo...it took a very long time for me to know for sure whether she was going to be a hen or a roo, but I know for sure finally!! She had a lot of us guessing for a long time, but she is definitely a she. She is one of my sweetest girls, and she lays a beautiful cream colored egg with a shiny shell almost every day. I have gotten several double yolkers from her already!

Please help me find out which is most likely my roo.

Peanut (above)

Chicklet

Nuggs (all soft yellow)

Chickadee (no tail feathers yet not as many wing feathers yet either)

And little peep.
All are only a week old so I know it's early. I did have one pass away that looked similar to Chicklet and peanut. I ordered 5 hens and 1 roo from my pet chicken. Also I've been seeing on here the most beautiful light blue hens and was wondering what they looked like as chicks. Any help is appreciated all should be 100% EE's

They are too young to tell, but I ordered chicks from MPC too and they haven't got the order wrong yet - at least for my first four, I'm sure they're all girls. The other four look to be girls too, but they're only 3 weeks old.

All the blue chickens I've ever hatched had blue-grey down as chicks. You might get a clue of their color from their wing feathers. Just wait another week or two and you should be able to tell. Good luck!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to drop back in and let those who weighed in know the results of my Cleo...it took a very long time for me to know for sure whether she was going to be a hen or a roo, but I know for sure finally!! She had a lot of us guessing for a long time, but she is definitely a she. She is one of my sweetest girls, and she lays a beautiful cream colored egg with a shiny shell almost every day. I have gotten several double yolkers from her already!

What pretty colors! She's beautiful :)

Please help me find out which is most likely my roo.
Peanut (above)

Chicklet

Nuggs (all soft yellow)

Chickadee (no tail feathers yet not as many wing feathers yet either)

And little peep.
All are only a week old so I know it's early. I did have one pass away that looked similar to Chicklet and peanut. I ordered 5 hens and 1 roo from my pet chicken. Also I've been seeing on here the most beautiful light blue hens and was wondering what they looked like as chicks. Any help is appreciated all should be 100% EE's

They are too young to tell right now, but I would keep an eye on the one with no tail and watch the comb. I don't think it applies to all roos, but I read the ones with slow tail growth and body feathers tend to be roos. One of my roos was like that, no tail for a long time.

Manuelmonster, I vote pullet and production red. Don't mistake the presence of tiny wattle nubs and a visible comb for rooster signs. A single comb with typical five week male development would be dark pink and really growing. A few might start late so I'll add that it will be obvious in two weeks. Either there will be *dramatic* change (male) or almost none (female). But the overall look seems feminine at this point.

THANK YOU :D *hugs*

yeah her comb is small and flesh colored, my cousin has one and its comb is way too big and actually pink

That is easily THE most gorgeous Easter Egger hen I've ever seen!

This thread is great! Very Very helpful!
Here's my EE roos! (I suspect the one with the large comb and wattles has some RIR mixed in)... They were both so pretty! They live on 2 acres with tons of hens now... Lucky boys.

a little younger...

This is them as babies.

I suspected they were both roos when I saw this picture... But it was too early to tell.
smile.png
Hope this helps someone.?

Awesome thanks! I know it's still early. I'm so excited to see how they turn out! This is my first time with chickens in general! There's an EE forum with pics of chicks and how they turned out so hopefully everyone will post their outcomes!!

Back
Top Bottom