Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

It's probably too young but ill ask anyway :) sexed as pullet

You're covering up the feathers so we can't see the pattern and color.

I'm hoping that it's okay that I post this here. I'm not entirely sure what breed of bird I have. I was told Easter Egger by the seller, but since I have found out my supposed Dominiques are in fact Barred Rocks. Needless to say, I'm not confident that my EE's are what they are supposed to be. So...if you have a moment, and know the breed/sex (I have a feeling that my EE's are all cockerels), please help me out. They are 9 weeks old. I'm looking to downsize right away. I can't keep Roos. Thanks in advance.

#2-I'm confused by this guy. Not an EE, is he?

#4-This bird is beautiful. Mostly black with green streaking through the body and tail. He? has one white feather on the left side. I wish I'd gotten a better pic of the comb. Camera shy...

#5-I know this one isn't an Egger. I'm also confused by this one. I'm pretty sure it's a Roo. He doesn't have the same comb as the other Barred Rocks though and he doesn't have wattles. Any direction would be appreciated.

And here's a pic of one of the other Barred Roo for comparison. Did I just get a mixed breed?

I'm hoping that it's okay that I post this here. I'm not entirely sure what breed of bird I have. I was told Easter Egger by the seller, but since I have found out my supposed Dominiques are in fact Barred Rocks. Needless to say, I'm not confident that my EE's are what they are supposed to be. So...if you have a moment, and know the breed/sex (I have a feeling that my EE's are all cockerels), please help me out. They are 9 weeks old. I'm looking to downsize right away. I can't keep Roos. Thanks in advance.

The black one is beautiful! Looks like she might be a pullet. :) Don't feel too badly about not getting what you thought. The same thing happened to me and a lot of other people. I ended up with cockerels and a bunch of breeds I didn't buy. It must be part of the learning process for us newbies.
tongue.png
My white pullets that I though were Wyandottes are now my favorites, although I didn't want them at first. They're the nicest girls! Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom