Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Hi new to this thread. I recently acquired 3 chicks. The person I got them from has ameraucana and Easter eggers. I'm sure 2 are Easter Eggers and 1 I'm hoping is an Ameraucana hen. Could I get someone's opinion.

2 Easter Egger cockerels?

Ameraucana pullet? Could it still be a hen with 3 rows on it's comb? It's tail feathers do curve down and it does have a uniformed color. Just hoping
fl.gif

Man, that sucks. Looks to me like they are all roosters.

So this is my 10-week-old that I posted earlier. Pattern and comb still say pullet to me, but the tail is more curved than I've ever seen on a female. A quick search told me it's possible given the mixed heritage of EEs (though I didn't find picture examples), but what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Hi new to this thread. I recently acquired 3 chicks. The person I got them from has ameraucana and Easter eggers. I'm sure 2 are Easter Eggers and 1 I'm hoping is an Ameraucana hen. Could I get someone's opinion.

2 Easter Egger cockerels?

Ameraucana pullet? Could it still be a hen with 3 rows on it's comb? It's tail feathers do curve down and it does have a uniformed color. Just hoping :fl

Solid colors are harder to tell but the comb is looking rather masculine on the blue one. Add in those hefty legs and I suspect you have all boys.

So this is my 10-week-old that I posted earlier. Pattern and comb still say pullet to me, but the tail is more curved than I've ever seen on a female. A quick search told me it's possible given the mixed heritage of EEs (though I didn't find picture examples), but what do you guys think?

SHE'S a beauty!

This is our second 10-week EE. Same issue...I think we're in the clear except that darn tail. I feel like they can't BOTH be boys since we just got 2 from the pullet bin and they both have it, but we all know life isn't fair.

The comb is similar to what I just posted....single-row pea without real redness.

I assume easter egger. She is supposed to be a she, but she is bigger than all the other chickens in the brooder the samexage (and I have a LF Brahma in there) and she is the most aggressive of the bunch. Plus, that comb is pinker than any others (pic doesn't show how pink). 4 weeks old. Is she a she?

Looks girly from what I can see but you're missing the critical side shot.

This is our second 10-week EE. Same issue...I think we're in the clear except that darn tail. I feel like they can't BOTH be boys since we just got 2 from the pullet bin and they both have it, but we all know life isn't fair.

The comb is similar to what I just posted....single-row pea without real redness.

Forget the tail. That's a very feminine looking pullet!

Both my EE PULLETS have a slighty curved tail, and one is Black and white. You'll get eggs from this one
smile.png

Where'd you get her?

Back
Top Bottom