Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I'm back one more time! I think my flock has mostly revealed itself, but there is still one I'm a little unsure of.
These are our two confirmed hens:

Two confirmed roosters: (the little white rooster started crowing a few days ago!)

THIS is the bird who has me a little confused. It has a three-rowed comb, but it is much paler than the other two roosters. This bird is much more passive, and hangs out most of the time with the hens and shows little rooster behaviour. (Doesn't really fight like the other two nor show the same aggression/confidence). I guess I just really want it to be a hen....thoughts?

Standing with the two hens:

Back feather pattern. I really like this bird's colouring.

THIS is the bird who has me a little confused. It has a three-rowed comb, but it is much paler than the other two roosters. This bird is much more passive, and hangs out most of the time with the hens and shows little rooster behaviour. (Doesn't really fight like the other two nor show the same aggression/confidence). I guess I just really want it to be a hen....thoughts?

I say rooster, just a calm one! Probably the other two are more dominant.

I'm back one more time! I think my flock has mostly revealed itself, but there is still one I'm a little unsure of.
These are our two confirmed hens:

Two confirmed roosters: (the little white rooster started crowing a few days ago!)

Can you get a comb shot of the very first one. That dark red on the wing has me a little confused, but your last one is a cockerel.

I was PRETTY certain she was a girl! Not to worry.
wink.png

This is what I call a "wingman" cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom