Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I agree, Marshmallow is a cockerel. That much color in comb at that age...almost a definite! I'd go cockerel on the OE too.

That is alot of size in a pea comb for a 2 1/2 week old...but legs and tail are looking very feminine??
LOL - she/he's a ???!!!
I know, it's a tricky one! It doesn't help that it may be a mix, no telling what other genetics are at work here. We will just wait and see!

The more I try to convince myself it's a girl, the more boy it looks
roll.png
Now we have red feathers coming in. Thankfully it's all over the body (just haven't broken through the older feathers yet) and not just the wings and neck but that sure is where it is making it's presence known first. S/he is only about 6 weeks old so I have more wondering to do I am sure.

I'm thinking roo
sad.png

The more I try to convince myself it's a girl, the more boy it looks
roll.png
Now we have red feathers coming in. Thankfully it's all over the body (just haven't broken through the older feathers yet) and not just the wings and neck but that sure is where it is making it's presence known first. S/he is only about 6 weeks old so I have more wondering to do I am sure.

I'm thinking roo
sad.png

Sorry - it's a boy.
sad.png

Posting here, too.
So, at 12 weeks, shouldn't "his" comb be getting larger/darker now? It isn't even as red as in the pics. No crowing yet, either. Is he just a slow bloomer, or could I hold out hope for another pullet? :p

Time to put all this "guessing" to the test!

Going to pick out my second batch of EEs tonight!
Hope I find some plain, unsociable chicks
wink.png

Even thought they're too early to be 100%, I'm hoping experience, and all the cuties I've seen on here, will help me pick out some little ladies!
wee.gif

^ Good luck Brookshire! Post lots of pictures. ;)

So I guess I'll be waiting for an egg or a crow, I think it could go either way at this point! :lol:

What is the sex of 5 week old Elsa?
Her brother is totally boyish.
I've compared her comb to the combs of pics of my other chick when they were the same age. I had some RIR roos and her comb definitely smaller and looks a lot like my BSL's comb. I REALLY hope she's a girl! What do you think?
This is her brother.

And this is Elsa!

Back
Top Bottom