Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Updated now at approx. 8-9 weeks

We no longer know for sure which was Ethel vs Lucy - Lucy had atypical chipmunking as a chick so suspect she is the one now with no cheek fluff and without the usual single peacomb - she must be mixed?

You guys still think pullets?

image.jpg
image.jpg

Maybe a rosecomb? And smooth cheeks
IMG_7154.JPG

Single peacomb, fluffy cheeks
IMG_7159.JPG

I have one with a comb that looked like your girl has. It wasn't actually a pure rose comb although it sure looked like one at that age.

She lays GORGEOUS turquoise eggs with points on both ends. My little freak...
IMG_20170420_100054047_HDR.jpg

BTW, the place I get mine seems to have a mix of pea and cushion-combed chicks and a range of facial fluff from "Does she have any?" to "How does she see?!". I've wondered about that but since they all lay blue or green eggs, I chalk it up to huge genetic diversity.

BTW, the place I get mine seems to have a mix of pea and cushion-combed chicks and a range of facial fluff from "Does she have any?" to "How does she see?!". I've wondered about that but since they all lay blue or green eggs, I chalk it up to huge genetic diversity.

Thank you for the encouraging reply! Fingers crossed for blue eggs!

Mine came from a farm... who we later found out just orders them from McMurray and resells them...

Thank you for the encouraging reply! Fingers crossed for blue eggs!

Mine came from a farm... who we later found out just orders them from McMurray and resells them...
That's not a bad thing, really. You get accuracy in sexing and they take the shipping losses. Mine are from a local hatchery and thank goodness, they have someone who gets the sexing right. I'm 23:24 cumulatively and only one sexlink in there so :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom