Easter egger vs. Ameraucana

I would suggest you go to the Ameraucana Breeder's Club and look at pics of the APA recognized varieties.

If it has green legs, it's an EE.

If it isn't one of the accepted varieties, it's an EE.

If it came from a green egg, it's an EE.

At the feed store yesterday, the owner says, O, BTW, I have a blue Ameraucana back there do you want to see it?

I go back and it has yellow all over it's hackles, green legs and yellow bleeding through on the wings. I educated her: Mame, that is an EE not an Ameraucana and told her why.

Any way to show us pics first?

We could tell you!

Ok thanks I'll definitely look for those signs. Yeah I might be able to get some pics before hand...I'll try. Thanks for your help!
big_smile.png

I'm in Alberta also and I have ameraucanas that lay blue eggs and have slate or blueish colored legs.
Sorry to disagree with you mahonri but ameraucanas can lay blue/ green colored eggs.

Quote:
?? Sorry but I read her post and where did she say that? She had it RIGHT
We have both Ameraucana's and Easter Eggers because ours are not the accepted color(mixed pens for fun) mine are still purebred but an EE for color.

Quote:
I'll have to go back to the ABC website to see if green is accepted.... I've been wrong before

Some Ameraucana eggs may veer toward the greenish-blue part of the spectrum, but should still be in the blue family. Mahonri was actually correct. If it has the traits he mentioned, the bird would be considered an Easter Egger, not an Ameraucana. I think maybe you misread his post, Chic Chick.
wink.png

The best thing to do is to post some pics of the bird in question, then our knowledgable folks can tell you if you're getting an EE or an Ameraucana. If breeding pure and to the Standard is important to you, you really do need to know.

i have an ameraucana named Strawberry, and she lays blue-green eggs, so there my be the slightest chance she could be 50% -25% easter egger

Back
Top Bottom