NineChickens

Songster
May 23, 2017
She's almost 2 or 3 but I just now started wondering if she was an Easter egger or Americauna. She got disqualified from a show once because she had "green feet" (I no longer show, I don't like how they run) and I entered her as an Americauna because that's what I was told she was when I bought her but I'm not sure.
20180313_171229.jpg
20180313_170855.jpg
20180313_170857.jpg
is it even possible to tell?

This is a very sore spot with me . She is an Easter Egger . What they won't say is that EE's are the foundation breed for ameraucanas . As they progressed their breed type they disowned certain traits colors whatever they didn't like . This is common with all breed development in all types of animals . You have the better chicken I have EE's and wouldn't trade them for the best ameraucana's out there . She is a pretty hen :thumbsup

This is a very sore spot with me . She is an Easter Egger . What they won't say is that EE's are the foundation breed for ameraucanas . As they progressed their breed type they disowned certain traits colors whatever they didn't like . This is common with all breed development in all types of animals . You have the better chicken I have EE's and wouldn't trade them for the best ameraucana's out there . She is a pretty hen :thumbsup

She's awfully soft too (not as soft as my brown leghorn, though). I just wish she'd let me catch her more. She gets close but is still hesitant to eat out of my hand unlike most of my girls. Funny though since she's a savage treat eater :lol:

She's awfully soft too (not as soft as my brown leghorn, though). I just wish she'd let me catch her more. She gets close but is still hesitant to eat out of my hand unlike most of my girls. Funny though since she's a savage treat eater :lol:

I have two that we acquired as older pullets. Both were like wild birds when we got them. One came around and is the friendliest hen we have but the other is as wild as the day we got her?

I have two that we acquired as older pullets. Both were like wild birds when we got them. One came around and is the friendliest hen we have but the other is as wild as the day we got her?

I just give my girls lots of (good for them) treats. Almost everyday. So now every time I go outside they run up to me and follow, even when I have nothing. When she's in her house she's easy to catch and tolerates being held but otherwise she runs

Back
Top Bottom